Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that it doesn’t matter if cop cars are marked or not when you aren’t breaking the law?
Maybe you all that have a problem with it should try not breaking the law? Makes life a lot easier/better overall.
I think the point he was trying to make is people don't know if it's an actual Leo or some gang bangers who got a light bar off ebay and are carjacking people for example lol

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All kidding aside, I understand the point of speed kills and the public safety aspect of law enforcement and I DO appreciate those efforts. And anybody that cant spot a police car by just the make and maodel, the tires and the spotlight on the side sitting off the highway where there's NO businesses around half a mile up the interstate need some new glasses.
That being said, my first time to Galveston was a couple years ago to visit my brother in law. My wife's driving and once we hit Houston, it was bumper to bumper and we're boogeying down the interstate at around 80-85. And we're on this guys' bumper and the guy behind us is on OUR bumper and so on throughout the ENTIRE drive. Everybody's doing it! I immediately get super nervous and white-knuckling it thinking there's gonna be a 50 car pile-up any second and I look out the passenger window and there's a Houston PD officer in a marked car right alongside us! I look at him thinking he's gonna have a conniption at everyone doing this right in front of him, he eventually looks over at me, we stare at each other for a second or two, he shrugs, I shrug. We go on and I kinda got used to that kind a driving during our visit. On the way back we get to Dallas where people drive pretty much the way they do here: inattentive, some fast, some slow, in and out of lanes, road raging and so on and traffic was 35 mph at best. Last year I was talking to another cop who used to work Houston about that experience and he said that they're more concerned with maintaining the flow of traffic, people maintaining their lane than they are about speed cuz, yeah, you would need an ARMY of patrolmen to handle all that. He said that "reckless" speed is still not tolerated but it's actually safer for the public AND the officer getting out of his vehicle on a stop to just go with the flow of traffic, speeding or not. To me, that makes more sense. You have so many people trying to get where they're going "on time" and then you have Granny Anderson doing 50-55 in a 65 in the center lane so people end up slamming on their brakes, they do erratic last minute lane changes cuz they're too busy on their phone or whatever and I think THAT contributes to just as many traffic issues, accidents and fatalities as speed does.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a huge proponent of piecework and/or performance based work. I think it’s a form of pay that would and could reduce cost for business while simultaneously raising income for employees. Think of manufacturing. If a guy/gal was told they can get paid $18/hr OR they can get paid per piece they push through on the line, they start doing the numbers in their head and realize they could start making $40/hr essentially if they picked up the pace and did the work of 2.5 people. You could apply this pay standard to most every industry. When I was installing cabinetry the last 5 years I was a 1099 contractor and my customers paid me $10/linear foot I installed. Some houses were small like 32’ which wasn’t bad pay but they’d ask if I could do two a day. Hell yeah I can do two a day! I think if people were able to get paid for what they actually produced wages would go up, performance would improve, morale would improve, etc etc. not sure what all this has to do with unmarked police cars but I’ll figure it out lol
But if this was applied to cops getting paid by the arrest...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All kidding aside, I understand the point of speed kills and the public safety aspect of law enforcement and I DO appreciate those efforts. And anybody that cant spot a police car by just the make and maodel, the tires and the spotlight on the side sitting off the highway where there's NO businesses around half a mile up the interstate need some new glasses.
That being said, my first time to Galveston was a couple years ago to visit my brother in law. My wife's driving and once we hit Houston, it was bumper to bumper and we're boogeying down the interstate at around 80-85. And we're on this guys' bumper and the guy behind us is on OUR bumper and so on throughout the ENTIRE drive. Everybody's doing it! I immediately get super nervous and white-knuckling it thinking there's gonna be a 50 car pile-up any second and I look out the passenger window and there's a Houston PD officer in a marked car right alongside us! I look at him thinking he's gonna have a conniption at everyone doing this right in front of him, he eventually looks over at me, we stare at each other for a second or two, he shrugs, I shrug. We go on and I kinda got used to that kind a driving during our visit. On the way back we get to Dallas where people drive pretty much the way they do here: inattentive, some fast, some slow, in and out of lanes, road raging and so on and traffic was 35 mph at best. Last year I was talking to another cop who used to work Houston about that experience and he said that they're more concerned with maintaining the flow of traffic, people maintaining their lane than they are about speed cuz, yeah, you would need an ARMY of patrolmen to handle all that. He said that "reckless" speed is still not tolerated but it's actually safer for the public AND the officer getting out of his vehicle on a stop to just go with the flow of traffic, speeding or not. To me, that makes more sense. You have so many people trying to get where they're going "on time" and then you have Granny Anderson doing 50-55 in a 65 in the center lane so people end up slamming on their brakes, they do erratic last minute lane changes cuz they're too busy on their phone or whatever and I think THAT contributes to just as many traffic issues, accidents and fatalities as speed does.
In some eastern seaboard cities, you'll get pulled over for going too slow for the traffic flow, even if you're doing the speed limit!

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But if this was applied to cops getting paid by the arrest...
it does !!! when a cop comes up for a promotion or pay raise they look at the number of arrests ,,felony or misdemeanor,,,and other factors ,,so yes the more ARRESTS the more pay and higher rank the cop gets !!thats why the cops dont mind doing traffic stops MORE ARRESTS!!! MORE ARRESTS!!!! MORE ARRESTS !!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom