Vidalia Onion uses ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Shriners sale 10 lb. Bags of these every year and I of course buy 1 bag for myself but some always go bad because I just don’t eat that much in a short time.
I guess I need to find a better way to store them but mostly looking for ways to use them, Have any of yall made “Blooming Onions” in an air fryer before ?

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VIdalia Onion butter
Cut them up in smaller pieces and load crock pot or do them in a dutch oven on the smoker Cook until they break down and whip with electric mixer til smooth. You can freeze in containers
spread on steamed broccoli or spread on a steak, add to any recipe.
It is pretty sweet if you use big vidalias

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shriners sale 10 lb. Bags of these every year and I of course buy 1 bag for myself but some always go bad because I just don’t eat that much in a short time.
I guess I need to find a better way to store them but mostly looking for ways to use them, Have any of yall made “Blooming Onions” in an air fryer before ?
I make what I call a blooming onion on the grill. Slice it from top to about an inch from the bottom. I use olive oil with heavy dose of Cavender's in the oil. Paint it on so it can penetrate into the onion, stick it on the grill and when its almost opened up and done I toss my streak on the grill.
Its really good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom