Warehouse Living

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about build a huge steel building in the countryside, build finished living quarters in one corner, and use the top of that for storage.

When you (erm, your wife) get(s) tired of living in a steel building, build a "real house" next door.

You now have a house, a big workshop and garage, and an excellent man cave.

If you're hankering for a basement, you could build and finish out a basement, then live there while you finish the "real" house upstairs. Knew a guy that did that very successfully. It was on a hill so you could reload and shoot right out the back door of the basement.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about buying a church or funeral home to convert into an office. I think warehouse living in Oklahoma is something that is better in theory than practice. Lots of downside.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about buying a church or funeral home to convert into an office. I think warehouse living in Oklahoma is something that is better in theory than practice. Lots of downside.

I've seen some tv shows that had people living in converted churches and schools too... pretty cool as well.

What would you see as the downsides to the warehouse in OK JB?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen some tv shows that had people living in converted churches and schools too... pretty cool as well.

What would you see as the downsides to the warehouse in OK JB?

Downsides would be

security (because despite your system, it still would be located in an isolated area most probably),

utilities

plus driving your car into the living room sounds cool, but I bet you'd wish you had a garage after a while

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good points.

I'm still somewhat smitten with the idea. Maybe I could just brick up the entire first floor other than amazingly secure access doors and keep the entire 1st floor as garage space. Live upstairs. the HVAC issues are definitely something I didn't consider though... a big open, uninsulated space does present a problem

So... who are are problem solvers here... how do we resolve the identified issues?

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i always wanted to convert an old wal-mart into a go kart track. an old friend lived in an old school converted into a house. they left the gym as it was with court and stage. it was the ultimate party house in high school

Latest posts

Top Bottom