Watch who you donate to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always find someone directly affected by the storm and just hand them some money.
Shouldn't be too hard to find someone, but do your homework.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Donations to the Red Cross will also include their "administrative" fees. They have some rather high priced staff working there.

I went to walmart and bought a load of toiletries and water and took it to a local collection point (a church). They're getting a truck ready to go to Moore, probably Friday.

I prefer to do it that way. Cash donations to national organizations don't always all make it to the intended destinations.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once saw a book detailing how much of your donated dollar goes to the purpose it was donated. I can't remember the name but some of the charities had really high administration cost. I will contact the person who haf the book for the name.

Stoneman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also can check on Charity Navigator. Here is what I use for charity giving. ie:CEO of Red Cross salary $100K plus per annum. CEO of Salvation Army $12-14K per year plus living (limited) quarters. I have read several times in the past years of Red Cross corruption but, never about Salvation Army corruption. I know one can only believe a certain % of what is on the news but, this is one way to be advised of what is what.

Stoneman. deNAM. 67/68

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why's that? We want to help, and we don't want the money we donate leaving home.

Think of it this way. A lot of the money donated after the Sand Hook disaster is now being used to help tornado victims, your donation will be used to replenish the funds spent helping our neighbors.

The Red Cross, is huge and has huge resources, while its true that they have high admin fees, they do a lot of good for a lot of people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom