We still take pride in our military

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Collinsville had their high school graduation last Monday. Of course we had all the pep talks from the top students, etc. Principal Coleman asked students to stand if they were going on to higher education, next year's crop of freshman stood to a ovation.
Next he wanted the students who were joining the military to stand and be recognized. ..... these students, who to me seemed a bit shy/apprehensive about standing, received an immediate standing ovation that went on for an extended period!
I'm not sure if I know any of these young men and women, but I hope they remember that loud and lengthy ovation when things get tough, knowing the population of Collinsville are supporting them in all they do.

If your son or daughter has chosen to be in our nation's military, no matter what imbecile is in the WH, please know that they are appreciated.

DNO

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 of my daughters are married and have children with currently serving servicemen. Oldest is married to an Air Force airman who joined when AA/Tulsa went thru layoffs in 2000, for now theyre stationed in Wichita before that they were on base in CA three times and at a base in Cambridge England among others, gladly theyre close to home for awhile, he has done quite a few tours in the ME in 15 years in. Youngest is married to an Army technician, they just moved from a base in Hawaii to JBLM,WA. He is leaving for the ME this summer for a tour so we are going out there and hang out with her and the kid near Tacoma WA while he is in the middle east. I grew up in San Diego with a father who was a DI and an MP in the Marines until I was about 7, he served in Korea. These boys are some fine young men and they remind me alot of my father.

Latest posts

Top Bottom