Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations to all tag fillers!

Felt really good to be able to knock this guy down last night as all the smoke pole hunters were gearing up to get after them this morning(public land).

I shot him from the ground (in the ground really, I dug a hole to make my blind) at 30 yards. He folded up in sight after going about 120 yards.

Very impressive game, sir.

Finally got my first archery deer! Nice doe taken at 15 yards.

I've shot deer with a rifle all my life....theirs just something about archery that's a whole different rush.

Indeed. Impossible to stop chasing it after that.

Still not seeing much movement and we heard very few shots this weekend, though dad did manage to pull another doe out last night. I'm still after a meat doe before the rut kicks in; this is the first time in several years I've gone into blackpowder without a bowkill in the freezer already. I hunt mainly oak ridges that normally produce a lot of acorns, but this year the acorns that are falling are tiny and spoiled/dusty when you cut them open. That and the lack of water are queering my game. The only real opportunity I had this weekend was last night as the storms were rolling in. Lighting had me gathering up to leave my stand, and I turn around to see a doe and a fawn staring right at me. Blew that one.

This coyote took the brunt of my frustration in the form of a 250 grain slug to the shoulders as he trotted by this morning at about 35 yards. Wrong day, dude. (turrible phone pic)

2011-10-23%25252008.58.41.jpg

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well for the first time in my life I had 5 bucks at the same time come to my feeder this morning. All of them were prettye nice. My wife shot her first deer, 9pt buck!! She was so excited but a little diss appointed that she didn't get the "BIG" deer in the group. But still very pleased! I was more excited about her shooting a deer than if I would have. Can't wait to get the kids a deer now!

i641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_5eaba254.jpg

i641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_72df0fef.jpg

i641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_a938d101.jpg

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a buck shot by my blind this morning (I didn't hunt) by a 14 year old neighbor kid up the road. They also shot a few doe (his brother and dad).

[Broken External Image]

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a nice looking buck. Shoulda been out there, Matt!

I dig the 14 year old kid with a wheelgun in what appears to be a lefty crossdraw holster. Lawl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom