What are you going to do differently...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this "ban" doesn't materialize? I mean none of it. Did you learn anything? Many of us read the tea leaves and some of us (me) are natural hoarders and haven't been affected much by the current craziness in the market. Myself, I will continue to find bulk items on sale. Ammo for instance will outlast me, and will never be worth less than bulk at sale prices.

I have learned that some things not even related to the "crisis at hand" can go full retard. Who would have thought .22lr would disappear during an anticipated ban on black rifles?

Anyway, here's hoping that no ban materializes so prices come back down and I can find me an SKS at a decent price. :)

Last edited:

v2a

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
good thought. there were a lot of times i passed on buying ammo. in the future when the prices return i will make an effort to stock up. 600 rounds wont last me long. however i still see a large amount of shotgun rounds i will probably stock up on them now while there prices are not effected.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I won't do anything differently. On another thread I stated that my wife and I implemented a policy to buy ammo, any kind of ammo, when ever we went to walmart even if it was to run in for one thing. Unfortunate in that we bought lots of all the rounds we shoot except 9mm for some reason. But I believe we are good in that now also.

I am of the belief that being prudent is a good thing and planning ahead will always get you ahead of 99.5%
of the other sheep. That being said, I know that is difficult for a lot of people financially but picking it up a
little at a time here and there beats dumping a wad of cash in an emergency. I guess I am a Dave Ramsey
when it comes to protection.

I was talking with a family member today and trying to make a point that in any given crisis situation, joe blow
will only have a partial box of ammo for the guns he shoots. When I asked said family member how much ammo
they had right now, today, they responded in almost a whisper that is was less than 1/2 a box. I rest my case.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't do anything differently. On another thread I stated that my wife and I implemented a policy to buy ammo, any kind of ammo, when ever we went to walmart even if it was to run in for one thing. Unfortunate in that we bought lots of all the rounds we shoot except 9mm for some reason. But I believe we are good in that now also.

I am of the belief that being prudent is a good thing and planning ahead will always get you ahead of 99.5%
of the other sheep. That being said, I know that is difficult for a lot of people financially but picking it up a
little at a time here and there beats dumping a wad of cash in an emergency. I guess I am a Dave Ramsey
when it comes to protection.

I was talking with a family member today and trying to make a point that in any given crisis situation, joe blow
will only have a partial box of ammo for the guns he shoots. When I asked said family member how much ammo
they had right now, today, they responded in almost a whisper that is was less than 1/2 a box. I rest my case.

Can't remember the last time I had just a 1/2 box of anything.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will not do a thing differently. I do not keep a huge stock of anything on hand but I keep enough for my needs plus some extra and I reload. The only thing I keep several thousand of is 22LR and that is because I have several 22s.

jmusteen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always kinda thought the constitution was untouchable, there for the 2nd amendment was as well, I will definetly pay more attention to the political enviorment, and stay better stocked in the future for personel use.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait until prices subside and invest in an sks, do the AK mag mod, and pile on the 762

I'll keep up my "buy a box everytime I hit the shop" mentality.

I'm sitting on 55 mags, most I've aquired through trade... Mostly 30's, handful of 20's, 10's & 5's. But I will built a new 20" 1in7 bull upper. Might just buy a predpursuitRRA.

A new 45acp. Haven't decided against a 1911, but I love my Glocks.

Finally get to fixing up those 10-22's I've got in the safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom