What are you guys hoping Santa brings you this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with a cool group of dudes. And like Bruce Campbell, I shop smart, at S-Mart. So fortunately it doesn't exactly kick me in the jimmies. I've had about half my team sign up to get on my list so far. Not like I force it.
Thats awesome. Having a good job with great coworkers and bosses is a real special treat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My problem is my wife thinks I have too much computer/gun stuff anyways, I have all the fishing gear and tools I will ever need, and anything I don't have, my tastes are too expensive. But, I'm asking for this:

View attachment 436613
A Wustof Classic 7" Nakiri to round out my set.

My wife looked at the price, went over to my 18 knife block, counted the knives, looked at the matching 12 piece steak knife set, and then said "and why do you need that? What is it for? These knives cost how much!?". So... yeah.... but, i've had them for several years now and in my opinion, next to my zojirushi rice cooker, theyre some of the best money I have ever spent in the kitchen.

So if any of you guys wanna buy the wife some nice kitchen stuff, I can point you in the right direction, if you have money to burn.
I just bought a blank blade at Woodcraft in Tulsa today just like that. Also bought a block of wood to turn into some scales along with a steak knife set with other exotic wood to make handles for them as a gift to someone for Christmas.
For me, if I need something material its just bought.
What I do need is for my wife and I to keep our health.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a blank blade at Woodcraft in Tulsa today just like that. Also bought a block of wood to turn into some scales along with a steak knife set with other exotic wood to make handles for them as a gift to someone for Christmas.
Continual motion is lotion for the joints and soul, and health is wealth Dennis! Keep it up!

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if you want a nice knife that bats way above it's price point I picked this up recently for the giggles. It's just a different style blade and it's fun as heck to use. Feels real solid, and blade came like a razor. How well it holds up is going to be a question since my Shun/Wusthof/MAC are my daily drivers, and this is more of a special occasion one.

https://www.amazon.com/KYOKU-Samurai-Yanagiba-Japanese-Superior/dp/B07L97NFM1
$40 for one knife???? I got a 12 knife set for $9.87 at Walmart a while back!

JK, that looks like a good deal 😊

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys seem to travel and get out and do stuff. It’s amazing how much that keeps you healthy. Countless seniors I’ve seen retire and sit around and then their health goes too cheet immediately. We want you to keep your health too 👍

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Continual motion is lotion for the joints and soul, and health is wealth Dennis! Keep it up!
Yep, my dad retired to the couch. He made three years.
I’m on year 8. I’ll post pics of the blades and wood tomorrow. Currently firmly entrenched under a comforter.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats awesome. Having a good job with great coworkers and bosses is a real special treat.
Indeed. I could go to other places and probably make more, but I enjoy my environment too much to consider changing. Money comes and goes, but enjoying my time on earth is a dominant goal.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, my dad retired to the couch. He made three years.
I’m on year 8. I’ll post pics of the blades and wood tomorrow. Currently firmly entrenched under a comforter.
Wow. Well you got many more to go! I had a customer years ago that was just the nicest person you could ever meet. Been driving tanker truck for decades. He retired finally and literally a month later he had a heart attack and passed away. Don’t take life for granted. Each day is a gift!

Latest posts

Top Bottom