What are you guys hoping Santa brings you this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad retired and drawed his retirement for more years than he worked, his heath started going down hill the last 15 years but mom was his driving force and made him get out and do things around the farm but then when she passed his heath really went to hell and the last 2 years he just more or less gave up and he was 94 when he passed. Me i just acquired 30 acres and 20 of it is in over growth and brush that im in the process of clearing by hand so im about as active as i fiscally can be. im there everyday that the weather permits

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad retired and drawed his retirement for more years than he worked, his heath started going down hill the last 15 years but mom was his driving force and made him get out and do things around the farm but then when she passed his heath really went to hell and the last 2 years he just more or less gave up and he was 94 when he passed. Me i just acquired 30 acres and 20 of it is in over growth and brush that im in the process of clearing by hand so im about as active as i fiscally can be. im there everyday that the weather permits
Burn, baby, burn!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
New boots!
A9CD0DEC-BEAF-4C27-B489-217C956428D5.jpeg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I still need that new roof and two million dollars would be nice. :D

Now that the kids aren't around I usually don't do much if anything for Christmas. Last year I worked on Christmas Eve and Christmas day (for the first time ever) so coworkers could have time off with their families and the extra holiday pay was nice. Now I'm retired (self unemployed) so it will most likely be a quite one around here.

I just about forgot it was getting close to that time of year until I was driving home from out of town last night and saw all the lights people had out. It kinda cheered me up a little.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still super cool that you make it happen. Its weird considering that sorta thing is look at as weird in many workplaces. One a much more simple and normal plane, it was pretty normal for someone to buy donuts for the shop (could be 50+ dudes) when I worked in the oil business. Or even in smaller shops. The end of almost every well my frac crew would get donuts or breakfast burritos/something from me or the crew supervisors. I recently brought two boxes of donuts to work at my new job and had several people ask "why did you bring donuts?". I feel like that sorta thing needs to be commonplace.
It the refinery it was custom to buy donuts when anyone finished an apprenticeship and made craftsman. When I made craftsman, I bought 14 dozen donuts and took them to every shop in the refinery. Salesman used to bring us donuts or ballcaps until our prick boss to them not to bring us anything anymore. I don't know why it mattered to him. At Christmas vendors would bring fifths of booze to the bosses but, that was back in the day. That ended when one of the bosses launched his company pickup out into a big ditch on site and they had to get a crank to get it out. He didn't get fired but an hourly worker would have been fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom