What are you guys hoping Santa brings you this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem is my wife thinks I have too much computer/gun stuff anyways, I have all the fishing gear and tools I will ever need, and anything I don't have, my tastes are too expensive. But, I'm asking for this:

View attachment 436613
A Wustof Classic 7" Nakiri to round out my set.

My wife looked at the price, went over to my 22 knife block with 18 knives in it, counted the knives, looked at the matching 12 piece steak knife set, and then said "and why do you need that? What is it for? These knives cost how much!?". So... yeah.... but, i've had them for several years now and in my opinion, next to my zojirushi rice cooker, theyre some of the best money I have ever spent in the kitchen.

So if any of you guys wanna buy the wife some nice kitchen stuff, I can point you in the right direction, if you have money to burn.
Not quite the same series, but the Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Nakiri is on sale for $100 at Amazon right now. Easily the lowest price it's been on Amazon for over a year except for on little dip for a few hours to the same price back in November.

Links:
https://www.amazon.com/Wusthof-Classic-Hollow-Nakiri-4193-7/dp/B003MKEVH8https://www.amazon.com/WÜSTHOF-Classic-Hollow-Nakiri-Knife/dp/B002NXNFZO
1702498451044.png

Although if you REALLY want to round out a set nicely, try to find one of these bad boys:
1702498698601.png

That's the "Deba" knife, code 4578. I absolutely LOVE that thing.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite the same series, but the Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Nakiri is on sale for $100 at Amazon right now. Easily the lowest price it's been on Amazon for over a year except for on little dip for a few hours to the same price back in November.

Links:
https://www.amazon.com/Wusthof-Classic-Hollow-Nakiri-4193-7/dp/B003MKEVH8https://www.amazon.com/WÜSTHOF-Classic-Hollow-Nakiri-Knife/dp/B002NXNFZO
View attachment 436962

Although if you REALLY want to round out a set nicely, try to find one of these bad boys:
View attachment 436972

That's the "Deba" knife, code 4578. I absolutely LOVE that thing.
Same thing, the one I posted is the new relabeling of the same series. Both are still full tang classic series. I think they’re phasing out the old branding, which is why it’s so heavily discounted. Works out perfect, cause all of my knives are old branding classic series with full tangs.

That Deba knife has me wanting one. I love the design. H-e double hockey sticks, I would buy a 3” fixed blade EDC type knife in that style if someone made a nice one.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing, the one I posted is the new relabeling of the same series. Both are still full tang classic series. I think they’re phasing out the old branding, which is why it’s so heavily discounted. Works out perfect, cause all of my knives are old branding classic series with full tangs.

That Deba knife has me wanting one. I love the design. H-e double hockey sticks, I would buy a 3” fixed blade EDC type knife in that style if someone made a nice one.
Fun fact, the deba was one they discontinued and I only know about it since it came in a set that my MIL has. It's basically like someone smushed a 8" chef down an inch. It's a strong curve on the front but the taller blade, so it's great for rocking, as well as slice and scoop type work. Really a versatile profile. It's about the only one I "paid" for. Got that as open box on the Bay for 130. I paid twice more for it compared to the entire rest of the set that I assembled.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom