What are you guys hoping Santa brings you this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem is my wife thinks I have too much computer/gun stuff anyways, I have all the fishing gear and tools I will ever need, and anything I don't have, my tastes are too expensive. But, I'm asking for this:

View attachment 436613
A Wustof Classic 7" Nakiri to round out my set.

My wife looked at the price, went over to my 18 knife block, counted the knives, looked at the matching 12 piece steak knife set, and then said "and why do you need that? What is it for? These knives cost how much!?". So... yeah.... but, i've had them for several years now and in my opinion, next to my zojirushi rice cooker, theyre some of the best money I have ever spent in the kitchen.

So if any of you guys wanna buy the wife some nice kitchen stuff, I can point you in the right direction, if you have money to burn.
I don’t buy kitchen stuff if I can’t pronounce it. Hello Kitchenaid!

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t buy kitchen stuff if I can’t pronounce it. Hell Kitchenaid!
Oh No Wtf GIF by LilLetsOfficial

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's kinda on my bucket list, to be able to have the kinda money where once a year some random person could say "I wish I could have this" and then I buy them that and write it off on my taxes. that would be pretty cool.
At work they discontinued our bonus program because the executive bonuses weren't going to be enough for them to get that third yacht for their fourth vacation house. So I've been acquiring presents for the people on my team and randomly sending them out. Feels good. I get no tax write off though.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if you want a nice knife that bats way above it's price point I picked this up recently for the giggles. It's just a different style blade and it's fun as heck to use. Feels real solid, and blade came like a razor. How well it holds up is going to be a question since my Shun/Wusthof/MAC are my daily drivers, and this is more of a special occasion one.

https://www.amazon.com/KYOKU-Samurai-Yanagiba-Japanese-Superior/dp/B07L97NFM1

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
At work they discontinued our bonus program because the executive bonuses weren't going to be enough for them to get that third yacht for their fourth vacation house. So I've been acquiring presents for the people on my team and randomly sending them out. Feels good. I get no tax write off though.
You must work for some baby-eating company like L3H or Raytheon or NG. That's standard data for those MF.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still super cool that you make it happen. Its weird considering that sorta thing is look at as weird in many workplaces. One a much more simple and normal plane, it was pretty normal for someone to buy donuts for the shop (could be 50+ dudes) when I worked in the oil business. Or even in smaller shops. The end of almost every well my frac crew would get donuts or breakfast burritos/something from me or the crew supervisors. I recently brought two boxes of donuts to work at my new job and had several people ask "why did you bring donuts?". I feel like that sorta thing needs to be commonplace.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still super cool that you make it happen. Its weird considering that sorta thing is look at as weird in many workplaces. One a much more simple and normal plane, it was pretty normal for someone to buy donuts for the shop (could be 50+ dudes) when I worked in the oil business. Or even in smaller shops. The end of almost every well my frac crew would get donuts or breakfast burritos/something from me or the crew supervisors. I recently brought two boxes of donuts to work at my new job and had several people ask "why did you bring donuts?". I feel like that sorta thing needs to be commonplace.
I work with a cool group of dudes. And like Bruce Campbell, I shop smart, at S-Mart. So fortunately it doesn't exactly kick me in the jimmies. I've had about half my team sign up to get on my list so far. Not like I force it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if you want a nice knife that bats way above it's price point I picked this up recently for the giggles. It's just a different style blade and it's fun as heck to use. Feels real solid, and blade came like a razor. How well it holds up is going to be a question since my Shun/Wusthof/MAC are my daily drivers, and this is more of a special occasion one.

https://www.amazon.com/KYOKU-Samurai-Yanagiba-Japanese-Superior/dp/B07L97NFM1
I've been wanting a yanagiba or breaking knife too... I'll have to give that goose a gander.

Latest posts

Top Bottom