What did you do at college?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do in college? Homework or partying?

• I was boring, I studied 100% of the time

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I did other extracurricular activites besides drinking

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I was a jock. I mainly sweated.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Little of both, I learned to do my homework drunk

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • What's studying? Is that a drinking game?

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • What's college?

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • I'm a Muslim, I learned how to attack the US by studying here.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided to resurrect this Jesus thread with an update. I graduate the 13th of next month from OSU with a Civil Engineering major.
I can say I can count the parties I went to on one hand. Hell, I've only been in 2 bars in my life (Stonewall and College Bar here in Stilly).
Hung out with well-chosen friends and co-workers, and looked forward (mostly) with time with the wife (of 4 years, bless her heart).
Spent too much money on guns and gunstuff and still managed to buy a house a month ago in Yukon due to us both having really good jobs for younguns.
Will be graduating with a 3.8x GPA despite cultivating burgeonging hobbies of woodworking, reloading, and shooting ( and beer-tasting).

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided to resurrect this Jesus thread with an update. I graduate the 13th of next month from OSU with a Civil Engineering major.
I can say I can count the parties I went to on one hand. Hell, I've only been in 2 bars in my life (Stonewall and College Bar here in Stilly).
Hung out with well-chosen friends and co-workers, and looked forward (mostly) with time with the wife (of 4 years, bless her heart).
Spent too much money on guns and gunstuff and still managed to buy a house a month ago in Yukon due to us both having really good jobs for younguns.
Will be graduating with a 3.8x GPA despite cultivating burgeonging hobbies of woodworking, reloading, and shooting ( and beer-tasting).

Good for you congrats! I too spent more time studying than anything and can count the beers i drank in two hands (though I'm making up for that now!). Wouldn't change it for anything though at times I think back if I missed out on any fun or wild times, however then I remind myself everything I have in my life and know I came out ahead in the end.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my bachelors in Gen. Business w/ Econ minor and pre-law concentration at OSU. Graduated with honors. I drank heavily, partied heavily, road hunted heavily, and worked part time at the Wal Mart Tire and Lube Express.

When I got into OU's law program, I realized pretty quickly that the so-called study habits that got me through a party school with an honors degree wouldn't cut it in a serious academic environment like law school. I finished my first year in the bottom 1/3 of the class. Kind of a wake-up call... I had to buckle down with the studying and cut back somewhat on the drinking, and ended up finishing in the top 1/3. By far the best thing I did in those years was to intern with a firm and make connections... one of which led to me finding a way into the practice of criminal defense, which is what I really wanted.

In the practice of law, no one cares about your GPA or class rank... your experience and connections are way more important, as is your professional reputation and actual ability to get things done. I believe it is the same in most other professions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom