What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a good deal on some light sticks and bought another box of real strike anywhere matches. Also picked up a few backpackers pantry FD meals.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fixed up 2 5x5 raised beds and 4 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 raised beds. I'm not sure what I'm gonna put there yet, but I'm thinking maybe tomatos in back, along the fence of the chickens' pen (so I can tie they up when they start getting big) and some pepper plants and onion sets in front of that. Started a raised bed along the west side of the house for okra and sunflowers. One of those 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 beds I'm gonna put some garlic in and see if I can overwinter it. Got the chicken coop cleaned out and fixed up so the girls can be happy while it rains the next few days.

I'd like to get a permanent bed of garlic and onions going. We'll see, I guess ... That's gonna be an experiment.

GC and I got a load of wood, I baked a couple of loaves of bread with the lemon juice/baking soda experiment. THAT was a bust ... Chickens are happy!

Kept everybody fed and watered ... that's a chore in and of itself around here ... :)

ETA: I forgot the best part -- I started some of dustingaunder's famous pickled eggs ... :lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom