What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gassed up the truck, brought firewood up to the house, fed the critters and laughed as I saw pictures of everyone losing their minds over a 36-48 hour "event". Are people really so unprepared that they can't last two days???

SDS

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fed teh horses, cows, chickens, dogs and kids. dehydrated some onions and mushrooms. canned some pulled pork. took seed inventory. watered the seedlings. had planned on tilling the garden, but now it's freakin' SNOWING. guess I'll just go clean my M4 and fondle things in the gun case.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems I'm always posting today what I did YESTERDAY ... So ... YESTERDAY, I made a batch of home-made applesauce. Found what was basically an entire bag of apples on the bottom shelf of the fridge behind the milk ... Too ripe to eat, but not rotten, so I hated to toss them ... Thank goodness for slow cookers ... :)

And I got some stuff done outside ... Man, I'm dying for spring to get here! :hyper:

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm spending some time in "the bunker" this weekend. I've got a bunch of 6-gallon pails that are just stacked on top of each other. I'm putting in metal shelving to organize all that some. I'm also going to bleach, rinse and fill my new water barrel. I may also work on some creature comforts down there, like new chairs and lighting. Oh, and I might even vacuum out some of the webs, dirt and bugs.

I think we're about to commit to a small monthly budget for stored food. If we can start buying a little bit each month, it might be easier than the big purchases we've made in the past.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped by the new US Foods Chief's Store on I-240 & Walker and picked up 2 - 50 lb bags of sugar @ $22.48 ea. Neat place that sells in large quantity to restruants or anyone using large quantities - like PREPPERS maybe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom