What do you think of the EPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say what I think of the EPA on this forum. But suffice it to say that if I had my way their regulations, staffing, budget and infrastructure would be slashed by about 90% along with a mission statement rewrite. Then I would use those funds to subsidize the energy and manufacturing industries.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they are a necessary evil. They have too much power but they are the people's only check against Corporate greed. Without the EPA a Corporation will just say oops my bad and dump **** in every lake river stream or pond in the US.

I agree. If only they could work under an imperial edict and use swat teams to ensure the serfs know their place. Then we could be number one country. Heaven forbid we have a system that lets the power of government be "kind of" checked by a court system.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are a necessary evil....but have clearly overstepped their authority...that is a description of the entire federal govt....each federal employee is committed to growing their authority...that's how they improve their "self worth"...the govt is running amok because no one is willing to reign them in....somewhere along the line it must be done...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to meet in the middle, unfortunately this is unacceptable to the environmentalists.

The problem in meeting in the middle is similar to that with firearms. What they view as reasonable today relates to what they've established as reasonable in the past.
Once they regulate full autos, they prevent registration of full autos. Then they attack capacity, ownership and features.
It's inching closer to what they want. Their middle is always between what they truly want (no private gun ownership) and the status quo. They just inch it closer to that every step of the way.

Middle sounds great but they'll find a away to make that screw us too.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to Richard Nixon, NASA, and the EPA, people in Wichita Falls are drinking their OWN piss. Thanks Nixon!

i.imgur.com_JCdEtTF.jpg

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google EPA Overreach. Read, stir, and serve well chilled.

I'm with mugsy - no matter how benign they may be at first, virtually all successful bureaucracies reach a point where their bottom line becomes more about perpetuating and growing themselves than about their mission. I view the EPA as slightly more onerous in this regard as the BATF and Justice Department in general.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But who will stop the Koch brothers?!?!! The price of the EPA's bureaucracy is justified as long as they keep me from eating paint chips. In fact, the very reason we are in such dire environmental straights is because the EPA doesn't have enough power.

Dont mind me, Im just filling in for Lurker till he gets back.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But who will stop the Koch brothers?!?!! The price of the EPA's bureaucracy is justified as long as they keep me from eating paint chips. In fact, the very reason we are in such dire environmental straights is because the EPA doesn't have enough power.

Dont mind me, Im just filling in for Lurker till he gets back.

I'm back. Best post so far. Now if we can get you n Shadowrider on the committee to write a mission statement for the EPA, we'd be good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom