What Game Camera Are you using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bushnell Trophy cam 5 mp, 8 AA batteries last forever, Truth Cam 35 Ultra, picked up this year at Academy for $90, its been out 2 months on 8 AA batteries, daytime pics are great but nighttime pics are just so-so.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
DLC Covert II, that model is no longer made, but they've been good cams. Just get something that doesn't run on "C" batteries!:)

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bushnell Trophy cam and Bushnell x-8 right now. using mostly for the field scan function. Taking several 1000 pics per week... best quality pics i've seen so far. I'm trying to catch the trespassing thief on the property.

My Truthcam 46 uses d batteries and eats them up quick. I would stay away from any camera using c or d batteries. Using this camera as bait to catch the theif in the act!

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at trail cameras also and ran across www.chasingame.com Its a whole forum dedicated to trail cameras and reviews, repairs, building your own, ect.
I don't have a camera, but for the price and being my first one, I leaning more towards the Primos.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I agree on the AA batteries. Interesting thing about my two Moultries. The first one would last all season & take several thousand pics on one set of C batteries. The one I bought a few years later (the one I say is dumbed down) ate the batteries up. Same model & features, just age differance.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried several cameras over the years. I always go back to the old Primos 35...it uses C batteries but battery life is really good. IR night pics are good enough. Really simple to program even for me!

You can find them at Walmart...Amazon...ebay, etc for around $75.00 a little more or less.

For a work horse utility camara the Primos 35 is hard to beat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom