What have you done to prepare today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clinton-Sherman Industrial Airpark is wrong...

It's in Burns Flat, in Washita County.

Used only for training and celebrity refueling now, since the City of Clinton didn't really do much to turn it into the Industrial Airpark they advertise it as... all their resources go toward their tiny municipal airport. They really have the interest in it to keep job wages in Clinton low...

But KCSM does have a nice runway, and its a GPS blackhole.

+1, Clinton-Sherman does not exist as an "AFB" anymore...and hasn't for a very long time. I doubt anyone would waste a nuke on it, or Enid for that matter.

Probably an outdated cold war source...but those of us around Tinker are still screwed! LOL.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have I mentioned lately that all you guys have purdy mouths??

OK, well, except for JB ... any man who "does up" more than I do kinda scares me ... I was gonna say I don't even own a red dress, but I'll be damned if GC didn't remind me that I do, in fact, have a red dress ... LOL

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have I mentioned lately that all you guys have purdy mouths??

OK, well, except for JB ... any man who "does up" more than I do kinda scares me ... I was gonna say I don't even own a red dress, but I'll be damned if GC didn't remind me that I do, in fact, have a red dress ... LOL

Think of me as Hoss Cartwright with the style of the docs on Nip/Tuck. :wink2:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1, Clinton-Sherman does not exist as an "AFB" anymore...and hasn't for a very long time. I doubt anyone would waste a nuke on it, or Enid for that matter.

Probably an outdated cold war source...but those of us around Tinker are still screwed! LOL.

Yep... I'm trying to figure out what is 10 miles SE of McAlester...

I can at least see bombing the main runway at Clinton-Sherman. 13,000ft long and built for B-52's...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think of me as Hoss Cartwright with the style of the docs on Nip/Tuck. :wink2:

I sure do miss those fellas ... especially Christian ... I have such a thing for "bad boys" ... That danged Sean is just too tortured ... get over it all ready!! :wink2:

(Actually, I am just jealous ... You are obviously much more comfortable with your feminine than I am with mine. Always had a bit of the tomboy in me! I feel like a duck outta water in that red dress! )

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soviet doctrine called for targeting any runway <7000ft (min takeoff/land for B52). That made the airport in Pueblo, CO a target of all places. With less reliance on slow, out-of-date bombers and more focus on SLBMs, they may have changed their thinking. However, we used to "disperse" SAC assets to more remote strips to make it harder to kill them all. Do you expect the Navy at TAFB to stay there if they could relocate to lower risk areas?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep... I'm trying to figure out what is 10 miles SE of McAlester...

The Ammo plant maybe? Not familiar with that area....(just google earth'd it...the plant is 10 miles South West..maybe someone messed up the list, go figure from an internet source right?)

Soviet doctrine called for targeting any runway <7000ft (min takeoff/land for B52). That made the airport in Pueblo, CO a target of all places. With less reliance on slow, out-of-date bombers and more focus on SLBMs, they may have changed their thinking. However, we used to "disperse" SAC assets to more remote strips to make it harder to kill them all. Do you expect the Navy at TAFB to stay there if they could relocate to lower risk areas?

During the cold war, I could see them popping on a nuke to take out a backup runway, but not these days.

Sure the TACAMO and AWACS would all disperse, IF we knew the attack was coming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom