What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is embarrassing. I went hunting this morning & forgot my rifle! How the heck do you forget the most essential tool for the job????

So I thought I was already last night but didn't load up my rifle in the 4Runner as I wanted to insure it didn't get any condensation in the barrel overnight.

My Savage ML II stayed in the dining room corner while I drove around 60 miles to my hunting destination early this morning. I arrive and put on my hunting boots and start getting my hunting jacket & pack on and realize what I did.

What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest boo boo was leaving my .270 ammo home. I was up late the night before, and mostly brain dead getting to the field and then into the stand. Started raining like crazy, and since it was dry in the box blind, just took a nap. Woke up,looked outside, and a wall hanger was 100 yds away quartering away from me. Pulled the trigger.....snap. open the bolt and saw an empty rifle.:nolike:
Frantically poured out the contents of my back pack, and found one bullet from last season. Shot, and knocked him down with a spine shot at 365 yds.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've left my treestand home a couple of times. One time, I was 30 miles from home when I turned around to go back and get my bow.

Then once, when my truck was broken down, I used the wifes car to go hunting. Even had a shot at a decent buck but missed. Only after that did I realize that had I got one, it would have had to go into the trunk. LOL She never let me use the car for hunting again.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once i grabed my 270 thinking it was our 243 did'nt notice untill i had a problem loading a round and it got stuck in the chamber. I sat anyway.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to western OK once on a quail hunt and took my .22. Thought the shotgun was in the case. Luckily, someone had an extra shotgun I could use.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot my hunting knife once..... had to use my pocket knife to field dress.... It took a long time to do but it got done..... I do not recommend...

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I have forgotten everything if all the times were put together. This year I broke down and bought a scent lok suit and I forgot it this weekend. I'm in the blind right now with blue jeans and an OU shirt on...and of course my blaze orange!

Latest posts

Top Bottom