What kind of bones are these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the dog has 4 feet, we're back to square one. :D

I was driving down a one lane country road near a bend in a creek that was flooding and had been over the road hours before I was there. Among the debris left behind was a purple Tupperware container, like a big tote, with bones spilling out of it. I slammed on the brakes and about sheet, until I realized that it was a dog.

Still pretty creepy to think how a purple Tupperware tote containing a dead dog made it into a creek...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure am glad I posted here before calling the law. That would have been embarrasing to say the least.

I know the feeling. A few years ago, my dad's yellow Lab dragged a rib cage back to his property and left it opposite the front door. I was house-sitting at the time, and was quite startled when I opened the front door and found these bloody bones rising up from the ground. Fortunately I had the presence of mind to realize it was deer season, and the guy in the house back through the woods from my dad's place was an avid hunter. I confirmed with him later that he'd just dismembered a deer, and he told me he'd seen the Lab poking around that morning.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if Walt is staggering through the brush, getting all scratched up and loaded with ticks and chiggers, and taking pics and puking from the smell, while we wait... ;)

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, get real drunk then call all local media first. After they are gone call the law. They need practice on this type of stuff. 911 is the number.

Latest posts

Top Bottom