What knife are you carrying today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this in the mail today. Didn’t know Spyderco made a model with an “axis lock” blade release. Manix 2. Thanks for mentioning it, Glock Em down. Blade came very sharp, full flat grind, micro bevel. Glides thru free hanging paper. Very pleased.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    797.5 KB · Views: 0

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this in the mail today. Didn’t know Spyderco made a model with an “axis lock” blade release. Manix 2. Thanks for mentioning it, Glock Em down. Blade came very sharp, full flat grind, micro bevel. Glides thru free hanging paper. Very pleased.

Yup, the Manix 2 is hard to beat. Everyone raves about the PM2, and yeah, it's a goodun. But you can carry the Manix 2 at the vaseline factory. Jimping, jimping everywhere! And American made to boot! :patriot:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three of their knives (that Blackfoot 2.0, a Speedgoat, and a Supercub, all in Magnacut), plus the IFAK, leather horizontal-carry sheaths for the Speedgoat and Supercub, and a leather strop from MKC. I'm not big into stickers, but they have some really nice ones that they send with the stuff you buy from them.

They keep some knives in stock (usually the ones in "52100 Ball Bearing steel"), but they do most of their knives (especially the Magnacut blades) in limited-production drops, so they can be hard to get. I want one of the knives they do for Fieldcraft Survival (Mike Glover's preparedness company), but when those drop you have to be right on it--I get their texts when they do drops, and there have been several times where I've gotten to their site at 8:03 after an 8pm drop to find that all of the knives from said drop are sold out.

I'd have more MKC blades (I was very tempted by the Whitetail that dropped this evening), but those things ain't cheap...
Well I'm thinking we need some pictures.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not an axis lock, but fairly close. It uses a ball bearing.

Here is a pretty good explanation from:
'Spyderco Ball Lock Vs Benchmade Axis Lock'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spyderco-ball-lock-vs-benchmade-axis-lock.720554/post-7926237
“The two locks look more similar than they are. The Axis lock uses very thin omega springs to push a crossbar over the blade tang and wedge it in place against holes in the liners. The Ball lock uses a pair of concentric coil springs to wedge a steel ball between the blade tang and a steel backspacer. In absolute terms, the ball lock is stronger given the same handle construction, however since it does not require liners to function, handle construction can be much lighter. In relative terms, either is much stronger than it needs to be if you have any idea how to use a knife.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom