Whatever caliber gun shot Alton Nolan...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The indignation such a scene would engender, should enable a righteous man to strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger. However, a full tilt run to the parking lot and back for a middle aged man might make pinpoint accuracy difficult to achieve, particularly if you haven't practiced that exact scenario.

We'll have to wait until the full report becomes available to discover the distance covered, range to target and aspect ratio. Consider the target was engaged in killing another innocent victim at the time and likely moving about quite a bit. Dumping him for an e-ticket ride to dirtville apparently wasn't in the cards. The surviving innocent wasn't hit in the melee, so let's be thankful for that.

Next time you're at the range, consider a 50 yard wind sprint followed up with a failure drill. Call it nourishment for the soul...

The bolded part is key. I've heard different things from the chief and the DA. One said he thought he went and got it, the other said he had it in the building. Neither sounded like they had much real detail and the DA may just not have been able to let too much out. Both implied it was a rifle, and since he was is a member of the tactical team he's pretty well trained. As much as I'd like for him to have dumped 1/2 a mag into this piece of trash, I would never want him to face the murder charge that this piece of trash is. I'm guessing there were a dozen or so witnesses and a couple of surveillance cameras around. Sounds to me like the deputy and the rifle did exactly what they're supposed to do.

Meanwhile, the death penalty will be sought

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During his video hearing, the suspect asked for a Muslim Lawyer.

Work Place Violence????

I'm betting the County DA had a visit from some suits that told him what to charge him with, and it dammed sure wasn't terrorism.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You put a 1 in between that M and that 4 and then you will be hauling around battle rifles. I should have said I am going to swap out the AR for a battle rifle. Makem big holes.

Yeah, but it's hard to run with an old, heavy, outdated tool like the M-14. Kinda went the way of buggies and horse-drawn plows.

j/k

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During his video hearing, the suspect asked for a Muslim Lawyer. Work Place Violence???? I'm betting the County DA had a visit from some suits that told him what to charge him with, and it dammed sure wasn't terrorism.

First off, he's the district (District 21) DA. He doesn't work for the county, he works for the state. He has offices of assistant district attorneys in Cleveland, McClain, and Garvin Counties.

Secondly, he's an elected official and worries more about what his voters think than what some federal guy in a suit says. I'm willing to bet that he'll charge what he believes he can prove and that the state will seek (and get) the death penalty. There are only a handful of prosecutors in that office that could have the case delegated to them, and they're all damn good.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, he's the district (District 21) DA. He doesn't work for the county, he works for the state. He has offices of assistant district attorneys in Cleveland, McClain, and Garvin Counties.

Secondly, he's an elected official and worries more about what his voters think than what some federal guy in a suit says. I'm willing to bet that he'll charge what he believes he can prove and that the state will seek (and get) the death penalty. There are only a handful of prosecutors in that office that could have the case delegated to them, and they're all damn good.

Maybe terrorism goes to federal court and workplace violence and murder stay here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom