what's the deal w/shortmags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys, thanks for the info. Once again, after studying and talking to folks, I'll stick w/ my .30 cal conventional rounds. I guess I've always looked for that "magic" cartidge that has unbelievable performance, range, terminal knock down, no recoil, and shoots flatter than a string line. Guess I'll have to wait a while longer.:chat:

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys, thanks for the info. Once again, after studying and talking to folks, I'll stick w/ my .30 cal conventional rounds. I guess I've always looked for that "magic" cartidge that has unbelievable performance, range, terminal knock down, no recoil, and shoots flatter than a string line. Guess I'll have to wait a while longer.:chat:

I went through the same thing when I bought my last rifle. I looked at the shortmags. How can you not when that is what is being pushed. In the end I stuck with the good old .270. Ammo is cheaper, more of it and in the end it will get the job done if I do my part.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's alot more about 'who's driving' than what new caliber the rifle is chambered for. I have not much use for ANY of the new rounds, no matter whos' brand name is on them. I've always been able to do about anything I needed to with my .30/06 of 7X57. Seems to me the only thing a .223WSSM can do that my .22-250 can't is wear the throat quicker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom