What's your favorite breakfast joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was at Atlas they said they weren't allowed to use the Press Club liquor license anymore. Place was nearly empty and it used to be packed at brunch.

People like drinking in the morning.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Iron Skillet inside the Petro truckstop on I-40 and Eastern. 10 dollar breakfast buffet, always have plenty of bacon and sausage, plus really good coffee!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was at Atlas they said they weren't allowed to use the Press Club liquor license anymore. Place was nearly empty and it used to be packed at brunch.

People like drinking in the morning.

Just take your pint of Mad Dog into Waffle House or Dennys. Seems par for the course given the recommendations in this thread.

I mean really? Waffle House? Tally's? Franks? (have any of you met frank? I have and he's good people, but no culinary mastermind). Life is too short to spend money eating at those places when there;s so many better options out there.

Oh, Brownie's had good pancakes.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to open a REAL 24 hour diner in Tulsa. Like real cities have. A place where stoned teenagers can hang out and laugh until curfew, a place where drunks can eat after last call, where cops and paramedics can read a paper and get free coffee and bagels, where brow-beaten men can seek shelter after a fight with the old lady after the bars are closed.

A place where the waitresses have up-dos and bad teeth and weathered faces with too much makeup but their figure acented by an apron string and their demeanor still excite you on some deep, carnal level you can't quite understand but you know you like it.

A place that looks like it's from another time, but no pictures of Elvis or Marilyn or chrome everything or red vinyl booths to be found. It'll look like a place a mill worker in the rust belt would have eaten 45 years ago.

A place to celebrate good nights, to pass bad ones, to be alone - to make new friends.

It wil be dingy, but not gross. Just enough to keep most of the yuppie crowd away.

It will be near midtown and downtown so we get the bar crowd, but near 44 or 244 so we get some travelers. By god, if we have room, it'll have truck parking.

If you say "egg whites only" "lox" "veggie" or ask for anything fancier than half and half for your coffee, we'll kick your ass out.

I HAVE A DREAM that one day my children will eat at such a place.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I want to open a REAL 24 hour diner in Tulsa. Like real cities have. A place where stoned teenagers can hang out and laugh until curfew, a place where drunks can eat after last call, where cops and paramedics can read a paper and get free coffee and bagels, where brow-beaten men can seek shelter after a fight with the old lady after the bars are closed.

A place where the waitresses have up-dos and bad teeth and weathered faces with too much makeup but their figure acented by an apron string and their demeanor still excite you on some deep, carnal level you can't quite understand but you know you like it.

A place that looks like it's from another time, but no pictures of Elvis or Marilyn or chrome everything or red vinyl booths to be found. It'll look like a place a mill worker in the rust belt would have eaten 45 years ago.

A place to celebrate good nights, to pass bad ones, to be alone - to make new friends.

It wil be dingy, but not gross. Just enough to keep most of the yuppie crowd away.

It will be near midtown and downtown so we get the bar crowd, but near 44 or 244 so we get some travelers. By god, if we have room, it'll have truck parking.

If you say "egg whites only" "lox" "veggie" or ask for anything fancier than half and half for your coffee, we'll kick your ass out.

I HAVE A DREAM that one day my children will eat at such a place.

Other than being in Tulsa, the place you've described is the IHOP in Enid..........serious, I kid not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom