When did light bulb choices get so darn complicated?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have to try and sell them. I work for a electrical distributor and trying to keep up with all the changes is nearly impossible, it's crazy! All the different types of F32T8 4' bulbs is mind blowing!

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have to try and sell them. I work for a electrical distributor and trying to keep up with all the changes is nearly impossible, it's crazy! All the different types of F32T8 4' bulbs is mind blowing!

All I do is lighting and its hard for me to keep up!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
choices are more complicated then they used to be. our realtor wanted us to buy special bulbs to enhance lighting in our house. never have seen so many choices. must have worked because we sold our house.lol

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quality of the light spectrum emitted is my top concern. CFL bulbs have spikes on the spectrum. LEDs are slightly less spiky. We still see white light, but our brains know the difference between it and incandescent bulbs, which are pretty flat in their spectrums. So when our brains call shenanigans on fluorescent lights, that's why.

I'll stick with halogens. True white spectrum, higher operating temp = higher color temp rating (more "pure" white than old, comparatively yellow-tinged incandescents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom