When does the rut typically start in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot my buck last year on Nov 20th chasing does full out. He had come by me three times in 30 minutes before I finally got a decent shot with my crossbow. From about Nov 5th- Nov 20th I try to do all day hunts...

okiearmory

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always said if I could only hunt one day and wanted to try and hit the rut I would hunt 11/11. I usually take off the week of 11/11 and hunt all week and for many years have seen a lot of big buck during this week year after year.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rut chased across my back yard starting two days ago. Two and a half, three year old spiker chasing a very mature doe. Both walked right over the corn and kept on truckin'.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i think the bucks are gearing up, just need the does to cooperate. the deer my son got last weekend was pretty smelly, covered in his own scent and the tarsels were dark and sticky.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
24 hrs after the last rain, a little buck had made a scrape line in the woods across the road from the house. He had scrapes and licking sticks about every 15 feet, so he's already feeling horny...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Seen 1 good scrape yesterday evening. The buck I shot last night.......I could smell him before I found him in the tall grass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom