Where did you buy your first gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benelli Nova at Bass Pro in OKC. It wasn't until a couple of years later that I realized how awesome some of the privately owned gun stores around Oklahoma are.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 1974 my best friend got caught smoking by his dad.
As punishment, his dad sold me his H&R single shot 30/30, 20ga combo. for $50.
My friend understood and never held it against me.
He knew that way, he would get to shoot it again and he did.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger Mark 1 .22 target pistol at Skaggs Alpha Beta sporting goods dept at 21 & south Memorial. 6 7/8" length barrel and found a black leather holster w/strap to carry it on many hikes to plink and hunt out East of Owasso from 1976 thru 1986. Loved that pistol and happily sold it off when the 22/45 model came out. Love this new one the same.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger Mark 1 .22 target pistol at Skaggs Alpha Beta sporting goods dept at 21 & south Memorial. 6 7/8" length barrel and found a black leather holster w/strap to carry it on many hikes to plink and hunt out East of Owasso from 1976 thru 1986. Loved that pistol and happily sold it off when the 22/45 model came out. Love this new one the same.

Cool! A grocery store sold guns? We had a similar place in Enid. It was a pharmacy but also sold sporting goods. Those days are gone, unfortunately.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first gun I ever actually bought was in about 1952, or thereabouts. I was about 14. Walked in a local mecantile store in Healdton and bought it myself for about $20, or perhaps a few dollars more. It was a Mossberg 142A. When I went away to the Army, it just kind of disappeared. I never did know what happened to it. Some younger cousin probably wound up with it.

It looked like this
View attachment 23609

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My second bought gun was a Mossberg 185 20 gauge bolt action shotgun, bought that same year from the same store for about the same price. (I worked hard that summer). It now belongs to one of my cousins.

Looked just like this one.
View attachment 23610

Ha! Three guns in one! Not quite!

Latest posts

Top Bottom