Where to sell a truck bed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I expecting too much by asking $1k? I mean I'm including the rear bumper, lights and receiver hitch. Hell, I would even include the front bumper too for that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep your eyes peeled for someone going down the road with a wrecked one.
I had a chevy s10 bed that was really nice...Could not get rid of it..so i kept aluminum cans and steel scrap in it.
When it got full i would load it all in my trailer and haul it to the recycle yard.

One guy at work had the same bed on his truck but was T boned..I knew him a little and told him i have a bed just like his same color etc.
He wondered what i wanted for it..I wanted nothing..He was the boss in a fiberglass shop..I wanted some of that glass mat etc off the large spools.

I traded him out and helped install it...
good luck.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Car-part.com is showing a lot of those beds as new take offs for sale in the metro. B&B is showing 10 and Ruppert's is showing 7. G&R and Del City Pickup also have several each. The beds (without lights or tailgate) are selling for $1500-1750 mainly.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Car-part.com is showing a lot of those beds as new take offs for sale in the metro. B&B is showing 10 and Ruppert's is showing 7. G&R and Del City Pickup also have several each. The beds (without lights or tailgate) are selling for $1500-1750 mainly.

Wowza! Sounds like I should be calling some body shops tomorrow. I'm asking $1k including lights, tailgate and bumper. Best offer I got today was $600 from B&B. No one else was interested.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt any body shops would be interested. That's a gamble waiting for that specific truck to come in needing an entire bed. B&B and A-Z are on networks and trade parts between >100 yards in several states.

You might also try Capitol Auto Parts. That yard is owned by the same person that owns Wilson's and Pull-A-Part (as well as a body shop). Capitol has more truck stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom