Which one of you was it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why?
They clearly have signs posted that say we are not funded or affiliated with the govt in my PO.
And they allow dealers to ship guns, so what gives?

Edit: and i don't recall seeing PO as being prohibitted in the CCW Regs manual.

Postal inspectors are Federal law enforcement officers and a post office is still a Federal facility.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't there a case on this. Can't remember the name or what happened, but I remember someone suing....

[EDIT]

Bonidy v. United States Postal Service, No. 10-02408 (D. Colo. filed Oct. 4, 2010), is a challenge to the U.S. Postal Service’s complete ban of firearms on postal service property.

Dismissed - The judge basically stated in his opinion that the plaintiff did not have standing to bring the suit. USPS had a long and established policy of prohibition and the court did not want to analyze the Supreme Courts ruling as to how or why it could be relevant in this case. That was the gist of it.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from the post office. Walked in with an empty holster.

Considering the is the location at the airport. No traffic except around Christmas and tax day. Fairly safe location.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why?
They clearly have signs posted that say we are not funded or affiliated with the govt in my PO.
And they allow dealers to ship guns, so what gives?

Edit: and i don't recall seeing PO as being prohibitted in the CCW Regs manual.

Just like it is posted at the mall or banks? Against the law there also?

A PO doesn't need to post, as being federal they are a different animal than those state agencies covered in the SDA.

Is your station a true post office, or a contract station?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's ironic that the two places in my tiny town that I'm most likely to be shot in are both gun-free zones (or not so much ironic as logical). They are:

1. The School
2. The Post Office

Thanks Sheeple for F@!#$ing things up for me. Now I gotta live dangerously unarmed anytime I want to go to either place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom