which restaurant makes menudo in OKC area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The name of the place I mentioned earlier is el asadero. And they serve menudo on the weekends. It's located on western and sw 26th on the west side.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang! Seems like a whole lotta guys here like gut soup. I've only had it once and that was at a little family run place on SE44th and Sunnylane. It tasted like poop (worse actually but the forum changes what it really tasted like to ****). No, really - that's exactly what it tasted like.

Must have been some not well made menudo. What's it really supposed to taste like?

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taste: Hmmm, slightly, I mean slightly spicy with some light citrus flavor. Of course mixed in with hominy and tripe....which the bowl..or really the juice should have a light greasy flavor from the tripe.

I love it!! How I found it was 30 +years ago some of the South Texas and Northwest New Mexico cowboys i ran with ate it the next day (usually Sunday) as a hangover food....most of the New Mexico cowboys ate mutton stew for a hangover, but the Navajos ate mutton alot. Most places only serve it on the weekends...El Rodeo has it all the time...unless they sell out.

I don't mix the oregano, limes, cilantro, or onions that usually come with it. I mix that stuff in my buche or lengua tacos.

Never did like posole...its kinda, I mean kinda like menudo but I never liked it.

Oh the days in Baja Mexico (Enesnada and Cabo) ....mezcal and cerveza....the next day after I figured out who I was....luncha...menudo and barbacoa tacos!!!

Cohiba

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Los Comales" in the Stockyards on Agnew. Never had it there but seen it on the menu.

^ While I've never had it either, if its as good as everything else there I assume you'll enjoy it. They make great lengua and barbacoa tacos. They serve real coke with sugar and it is all very reasonably priced.

Never had their pasole, my mom's is the best anyway. :thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom