who's eaten horse meat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Companies in belgium and other places used to make corned beef with horse meat. Used to import into the U.S. It was actually some of the best "corned beef" i'd ever tasted. I THINK that's the only way i've eaten it....but been overseas a few times, so not really sure....LOL.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link to a Forbes article that anyone considering eating horse meat might find interesting:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/vickeryeckhoff/2012/06/18/how-safe-is-that-horse-meat/

I really don't like horses at all. Used to joke about being chairman of the North American Committee to Extinct Horses, but the phrase "spit that out, you don't know where it's been" applies to horse meat. (might also apply to one of the wild animals referenced above . . .) A wild horse is one thing, but a horse that has been to the vet may be something else.

As I see it, there is no quality assurance function in our system right now to prevent horse slaughterers from processing animals which are sick, or which have a long and probably unknown life of treatment.

Of course those Americans who don't want cute animals killed are raising a stink. Only the fanatics are concerned with cows, sheep and pigs, but lots of folks profess to love horses. With the price of feed what it is now, lots of horses are suffering.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never tried it, but you guys know me, I'll stick anything in my mouth.

Oh really, anything?

i.imgur.com_6VgClVL.jpg

Pm me

Latest posts

Top Bottom