Why all the Taurus hate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a model 44 6 1/2" comped (sort of) and a PT92. The 92 out shot a comparable Beretta (the Beretta got sold and replaced with a Witness - the Witness was a much better weapon than either the PT or the Beretta) and the 44 was fun to shoot. Could poke holes in a paper plate off hand at around 100 yards with the 44 most of the time. My wife loved the 44 and hated me for a while when I sold it. Worst gun decision I ever made. Taurus may be on the inexpensive side but they are good quality and with a little tweaking you can have a weapon that is just as good as any S&W, Beretta, Springfield...etc. I don't think they rise to the level of precision that some like Wilson or that stuff but then without a lot of custom work and cash no one can.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Rossi .357 mag revolver (rebadged taurus) and it fired every time, granted I put around 50 rds through it, but it was heavy and bulky and didn't seem to lock up as tightly as my S&W and Dan Wesson, but it was a slightly larger than J-frame snub nose (2 inch barrel)

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my wife a new PT22 and had nothing but FTE and FTF. tried all types of brand ammo..... Sold it.

I bought a Model 85 used and it would not fire 1 out of 5 rounds, but I think it might have been the ammo. I prefer S&W or Ruger.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got 3, a PT99 and two 24/7's - One in 9mm and one in .40. All of them have run good the limited amount of time that I have shot them. The PT99 I have put many more rounds through than the other two, and have not had any issues.

I kinda thought about getting a revolver, and looked at The Judge, but didn't want to give up that much cash for that gun. All in all, I like them. But, I like my USP better!

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am on my third Taurus pistol so far and even though I have couple for sale in the classifieds that doesn't mean I don't like them. I really liked all three of them, they just don't fit my hands or shooting style like the M&P. I have never had any trouble with my Taurus 24/7C that I put close to 1000 rds through before I went to a Glock to try to get more accuracy (which I didn't). My Taurus Model 66 is by far the most accurate pistol I have ever shot and my 1911 9mm was me giving the 1911 platform another shot. All of these guns ran great, but I know of a guy that got the Taurus TCP and had problems with it from the beginning. Luckily I have not had a malfunctioning gun in the last five years that I have been buying them, but you never know when that day will come and what brand it will be.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned two.....A model 608 .357 and and a Pt 709 slim.....I regret ever selling the 608. It was a GREAT shooter. I sold the 709 to save up for a Glock 27. The G27 will use the G22 mags......I use it for a back up. My only complaint about the 709 is the trigger pull sucks....LONG trigger pull.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I worked in a certain gun shop in del city 80% (at least 5 a week) of the pistols that would come in for repair were either taurus 24/7, or millenium. thats a fairly consistant track record.

Latest posts

Top Bottom