Why I am against gay marriage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah ... you are a real winner, you are.

I worked for a gay attorney for a few years. His clients were educated, professional gay men ... He worked behind the scenes with a couple of gay rights movement organizations that are prominent in Oklahoma. You know why he didn't work "upfront"?? Because he didn't want to be associated with the whining, fussy, egotistical drama queens that were the "face" of those organizations. After dealing with his clients, and the folks that were the "important" guys in those organizations, I can't say as I blamed him one little bit.

BTW, it's not unusual for men who are uncomfortable with their own identities to judge women in the stereotypical, derogatory manner you and your friend exhibit.

And I bet you can not drag a deer in heels either!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

This is gonna be fun to watch. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my take in a nutshell, if a gay couple goes into a bakery and tries to buy some cupcakes and the baker says no we do not sell to gays, that is discrimination and should be dealt with harshly. If that same couple goes into a bakery and tries to force the baker to make a wedding cake against his/her religious beliefs then the gay couple is guilty of discrimination against religious people. Now if you are talking a big international corp then that does not apply but a small mom and pop business then it does.

Funny how some, especially liberals want the companies to show patriotism and civic responsibility but do not want them to have the rights of everyone else.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I bet you can not drag a deer in heels either!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

This is gonna be fun to watch. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yeah ... if only I had a place to go where folks who don't know me could get behind some anonymous screen name and then proceed to point out to me all my short-comings based on whatever neuroses is/are floating around where their brain cells ought to be ....

:shocked: OH WAIT ...

:rotflmao:

BTW, I'm starting to think you don't love me anymore ... :( And you DO WHAT YOUR DARLING BRIDE TELLS YOU TO DO! :P You got that!???!?! :anyone:

Last edited:

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my take in a nutshell, if a gay couple goes into a bakery and tries to buy some cupcakes and the baker says no we do not sell to gays, that is discrimination and should be dealt with harshly. If that same couple goes into a bakery and tries to force the baker to make a wedding cake against his/her religious beliefs then the gay couple is guilty of discrimination against religious people. Now if you are talking a big international corp then that does not apply but a small mom and pop business then it does.

Funny how some, especially liberals want the companies to show patriotism and civic responsibility but do not want them to have the rights of everyone else.

I agree with the first part. I do not think that baking a cake violates anyone's religion more than baking cookies or cupcakes. It takes a little more thought for the wedding chapel type places. If you run a for profit business you should not be able to discriminate against people. If you think of that business as a ministry then file the appropriate paperwork and become a non profit organization or church and move on.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You don't want tolerance and equality?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Yes. Yes.

so you're fine with businesses that compete against you hiring illegal immigrants? After all, hiring an undocumented worker is really only a crime because the government says it is. If a company can find cheap labor willing to work for less than minimum wage, why should the government be able to tell you what to do. Right?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So selling a gay couple a bunch of cupcakes for their wedding is good, but selling them a cake might violate the baker's religious beliefs? After all, the baker doesn't really know what the cupcakes will be used for, so how can they say for certain they wont be for a wedding?

I'd really love to see a doctor refuse medical service to someone here on the grounds that they are Jain and helping someone with an 'i love bacon' shirt violates the doctor's religious beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom