Why I am against gay marriage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you believe it doesn't. In the real world, decades of legislation say you do check certain rights and beliefs at the business door.

When's the last time you saw a Whites Only or Negroes Use Rear Entrance sign? Where'd they go? Lots of people exercised that right until they all stopped pretty much at the same time. Did they all just have a change of heart at the exact same time?

I don't agree with that legislation. I believe most of that stuff would have sorted itself out, as it was already starting to in a lot of the country. I don't think the government should be able to tell anyone or any company/corporation who they have to do business with. That being said, I also believe that any business that openly or obviously discriminated against African Americans would quickly be out of business in today's world.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not Rick. He's referring to another guy who told me once that women weren't capable of much of anything at all. One of the things he mentioned specifically was dragging a deer out of the woods ... who knows how guys who post this **** come up with it ...

Ah, ok. Sorry Rick, I thought you were being a jerk.
I suppose a woman who had spent her youth dieting and texting, might have more trouble than one who grew up riding horses, and carrying firewood. The same can be said for boys though. I imagine pajama-boy (obamacare's man-child poster boy) would break down in tears if he had to carry a full ammo can out of Wannamacher's back to the truck.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with that legislation. I believe most of that stuff would have sorted itself out, as it was already starting to in a lot of the country. I don't think the government should be able to tell anyone or any company/corporation who they have to do business with. That being said, I also believe that any business that openly or obviously discriminated against African Americans would quickly be out of business in today's world.
I believe "today's world" largely exists because of the Civil Rights Act. Human beings act within the social constructs of their communities, which in a place like the U.S., can be swiftly and dramatically influenced by law. This is true regardless of whether or not it's a law I agree with.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You mean like this guy is quickly out of business? http://newsok.com/oklahoma-restaurant-owner-says-he-doesnt-want-gays-around/article/3931548

Also, people said the same thing about slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom