Will TCSO enforce court custody order?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the situation. Going through a divorce and the ex is not refusing to let me have our Son as outlined in the temporary order ordered and signed by the judge. She will not even tell me where he is. Will the sheriffs office help enforce?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think so... you basically have to take it back to the judge to have her held in contempt. Don't quote me, that's just going off of past experiences related by personal acquaintances. Sorry to hear about the troubles. :(

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the situation. Going through a divorce and the ex is not refusing to let me have our Son as outlined in the temporary order ordered and signed by the judge. She will not even tell me where he is. Will the sheriffs office help enforce?

Is there a location they have on the court order for you to obtain custody of your child during your visitation times?

If you can record the meeting and her denial or prove that you were at that location, that would be good. Make a record.

Contact the police/sheriffs office and file a police report. Ask if they could do a 'civil standby' for you next time you exercise your rights.

Do you have a lawyer? It might be good to file a motion with the court, as well. She can get in dip doo-doo for denying you your visitation.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If she's "not refusing", what's the problem?

The temporary order is just a piece of paper. Her lawyer is probably telling her to stay the course until the hearing.

Last edited:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much you can do even after the divorce is final. Except go back to court, records are key. However, your best bet is to pay your child support and do your part. Once the dust settles, try to work out a way to be friendly with each other. Remember that it is about your kids and not the fight you are having with the mother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom