Will you buy a gun from a dealer? (With Poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy a gun if it requires paperwork (from or through a dealer)?

• Yes. I have no problem doing that.

Votes: 86 54.4%
  • Sometimes. It doesn't really matter much to me.

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • Sometimes. If I can't find it without paperwork.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Never. I don't like the government knowing what I'm doing.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Never. I'm a criminal and can't buy guns if I have to pass a background check.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure. But about half the time I buy through a FFL I get a delay and have yet to get a call-back. First, middle and last names are as common as they can be. And it seems that lots of dealers are spooked enough about the delay they won't fall back on the 3-day rule. So, if I find it person-to-person I jump on it.

I kind of have the same problem. I usually get delayed a day or 2, sometimes no call back. Filling out a 4473 doesnt bother me but it sucks at gun shows when the dealer is from out of town or I am at a show like wanenmacher's and get delayed.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure. But about half the time I buy through a FFL I get a delay and have yet to get a call-back. First, middle and last names are as common as they can be. And it seems that lots of dealers are spooked enough about the delay they won't fall back on the 3-day rule. So, if I find it person-to-person I jump on it.

If your dealer will not follow the three day rule find a new dealer. I am pretty sure the dealer you are using is not a sponsor here. The sponsors here are awesome and I am sure they appreciate all the support we give them. I appreciate them.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the last year or so....Its usually cheaper to buy a new gun from a dealer versus a used gun from an individual. I guess some people think a used gun is worth more $$ without paperwork. :screwy:

It doesn't really matter to me, I buy from whoever has what I'm looking for.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are on this website you are already on a list.

I prefer to buy from dealers as they are a point of contact if their are problems. You also never know who you are buying from and what they've done with the gun.

To the OP, the only reason I go to gun shows is to buy accessories and look for screaming deals on guns. In the Tulsa area, guns are priced very competitively and there is a pretty good selection.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom