Will you buy a gun from a dealer? (With Poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy a gun if it requires paperwork (from or through a dealer)?

• Yes. I have no problem doing that.

Votes: 86 54.4%
  • Sometimes. It doesn't really matter much to me.

Votes: 43 27.2%
  • Sometimes. If I can't find it without paperwork.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Never. I don't like the government knowing what I'm doing.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Never. I'm a criminal and can't buy guns if I have to pass a background check.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an impulse gun buyer.
Buy em one day and sell them the next, so the paperwork doesn't bother me.

I'm going to have to start saving some so I'll at least have one in the home.................

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought my first few guns from local dealer and trying to support local and small business. But lately I have shift to online bigger stores for firearm purchase. They offer a much cheaper price and had many good transactions . Transfered to local FFL. Over all save over $100 per gun. If local gun store not willing to change in the way to do business, It will be soon becoming gun FFL transfer store. I see the trends is like that just like any other business.

I hope you sent in your sales tax for those firearms as you are required to do so.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paper work doesnt bother me, but everytime I fill it out, it seems I have a 50% chance of being delayed. Don't know why, no record, no history. I'm a good guy, so I like to buy from private owners if possible,

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy from one local dealer from BA. I do have some guns bought in FTF transactions though, so I have both. Filling out a 4473 doesnt bother me. I have a clean record.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter either way as long as it's a good deal. Sometimes I want a new gun. Never have delay problems and have my CCW.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't buy much, no money. :) But it does not matter to me if it has paper on it or not.

But after looking at sale adds for used guns I may stick with them from now on. It seems like almost every 10-15-20 year old gun only has "20-50 rounds down the tube". :) Heck they can't have much wear if any.

If I sell a couple of mine should I list it as? "worn the hell out, that's why I am selling." :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom