Women in the Locker Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been watching this story with a lot of interest because, well, because I like football and just wonder what you guys' take on it is.

I am fairly disgusted with the whole mess. I have worked in male dominated fields on and off my entire life and can honestly say that the men I worked with never made me feel "uncomfortable". Where, exactly, does she get off entering someone else's work place basically as a guest and then complaining about the atmosphere??

I would hate to see how she would handle herself on an oil rig. If she can't stand the heat then she should find a woman's sport to "report" on ... :nono2:

And she really needs to dress more professionally. If you dress like a hooker the guys are gonna treat you like you are a hooker ... just saying ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Ines-Sainz-female-reporter-New-York-Jets-NFL-091410?GT1=39002

Women who want it both ways wear me thin ... :angry3::soapbox::sorry1:

I am gonna go shoot something now ... :P:gun2:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My personal opinion, if they look like that they can come into my locker room anytime.

Anytime the wife is not around anyway. :D

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB,

I'm halfway with you. I have worked in manufacturing, overseeing the production of DOD parts, oil field, and air craft. I was usually the only woman in the entire place. There were "sexist" comments made frequently, in which I fired right back at. They stopped ... well saying it to my face anyways. When you go into male dominated areas, expect the boys club mentality.
However, how a woman chooses to dress is her prerogative, she should be free to dress however she sees fit without backlash.
And come on, you know the "entitlement" attitude isn't gender blind. No one is entitled to not be offended. They were just words, if they had gotten handsy, it would be a different story.
I'd have fought fire with fire, "You might want to shower with warmer water darlin, you're ruining the Jet's image."

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personal opinion. Locker rooms are not a place to have reporters. keep them outside.

If you want to show off your assets around a bunch of men don't do it on the job.

Oh and one last comment. Nice Pants.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. It was ridiculous. What irriated me more than her basically saying "I want attention I want attention I want attention, STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!" was what she literally did say on good morning america.. when the host lady asked if she was going to change how she dressed as a result of what happened, the dummy said, "NO. I am not going to change how I dress. They are going to change." The definition of insanity as they say, doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Angers me a lot when people think the world is theirs and we have to bow to how they want things... Lousy politicians... I mean sports reporters.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Women who want it both ways wear me thin ... :angry3::soapbox::sorry1:

At my work place, my group has a coffee corner, we all pay for the month and get all the coffee we want. The only outsider allowed in was a young lady working in the office next door. Although an outsider, not only we allowed her in our area, restricted to other groups, we let her drink our coffee, she never had to clean the pot and we let her have it for free.
One day one of the guys put up a calendar with women in bikinis and guns.
Without warning that fine lady, filed a complaint that it was creating a hostile workplace.
We took the calendar down and put a sign on the door that no outsider is allowed. She was never allowed in again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom