Worth getting a rifle in 7.62x39 anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks to the current administration Russian surplus will be dry for the foreseeable future. If you want one now is the time to get one for sure though. There’s supposed to be some Turkish imports coming soon but who knows. Hornady and federal are loading some options. Sadly the days of cheap spam cans are over.
The Turk steel x39 is available now. It's labeled as TelaAmmo. Also, PSA is getting ready to fire up their steel-cased line.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn’t that the purpose, with a suppressor? I’ve heard Blackout is great with that combo, so I wondered how 39 stacked up in that regard.
Yes sir, that’s what “I” think is the purpose of a suppressor, but every single person I know that has a suppressor still shoots supersonic ammo. :scratch:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is it suppressed vs. the Blackout?
I use almost the same exact load. powder/bullet in both. 10gr h110/ 245gr missouri cast bullet
designed a better suppressor that handles the cheap wolf/tula very well
my x39's go to the range and 300bo's sit in the safe now.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use almost the same exact load. powder/bullet in both. 10gr h110/ 245gr missouri cast bullet
designed a better suppressor that handles the cheap wolf/tula very well
my x39's go to the range and 300bo's sit in the safe now.

Maybe I should have said: how do the suppressed calibers compare, using off-the-shelf factory suppressors and factory subsonic ammo? No reloads or customization.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a 7.62x39 upper for my AR kit. It runs smooth and accurate. 154gr Tula ammo is awesome accuracy out of it.
I bought a set of dies and a bag of brass and load 125gr sp factory 2nd bullets I got from Midway over Varget with good results

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I ended up getting the Zastava in 7.62x39. If I end up liking the AK platform, I may get another one in 5.56.

ZPAP.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom