Would you like a donut with that cup of Joe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Believe me, it's definitely not will power that keeps me from having them. It's how they affect me now. Just look up dumping syndrome and you'll see why I avoid donuts almost completely. And regret it when I don't. 😁

Wow buddy, I googled that, and dayum! That sounds like a pain in the ass! Pardon the pun. I'm very fortunate that I don't have any major health problems other than gout (if I eat too many shrimp or hot dogs). Mrs. GED suffers from a gluten allergy. Bless her heart.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not me. I'm very happy to get rid of donuts considering I've lost almost 120 pounds in the last year. I'm willing to make the trade off. 😆 😆

Yes, Congratulations are definitely in order!

A couple years ago, I brought my weight down from 212 to 170. Then, I fell off the wagon right into the middle of the buffet! Now I'm back on the wagon to re-lose the 20 pounds I put back on.

Losing 120 pounds in a year is miraculous. Keep up the good work, my friend!

Woody

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apple fritters are ok but I miss my home town daylight donut long John with peanut butter frosting about 1/4 inch thick

I1Ykt3k.gif

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Congratulations are definitely in order!

A couple years ago, I brought my weight down from 212 to 170. Then, I fell off the wagon right into the middle of the buffet! Now I'm back on the wagon to re-lose the 20 pounds I put back on.

Losing 120 pounds in a year is miraculous. Keep up the good work, my friend!

Woody
I had made it to 320 pounds at only 5'-8". Not a good look at all and extremely unhealthy. I realized that at 48 years old, I had tried just about every method of losing weight and hadn't been able to succeed. Since I would really like to make it to old age, I decided it was time for something drastic. So I had gastric sleeve surgery done last July. Not the way I would have preferred to lose the weight, but I know that I would still be at least 320 pounds, wearing size 4x shirts and 44-46 pants today (at least) instead of wearing (somewhat loose) XL shirts and 36 pants. I still have to do my part and make proper choices in the food that I eat, but it makes it a lot easier when I literally can't eat more than about 4 oz of food at a time now. Gotta say, I think it was the best birthday present I've given myself.

And now I'll let everyone get back to talking about donuts rather than me. 😁

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No thanks!

I used to love donuts, but somewhere along the way I started reading ingredients and dropping as much unnatural foods from my diet.

Was in our local grocery store that has a inhouse bakery.

They rinse out and sell their buckets, and I happened to pick up a maple icing bucket and read the ingredients!

Been a while, but there was like 15 to 20 ingredients, most of the unnatural sort! 🤮

That was it for me eating donuts!

I quit Hershey's when they dropped coco butter in favor of PGPR too!

Plus a multitude of other foods!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like chocolate glazed long johns, filled with Bavarian cream, but my favorite are the plain glazed that just melt in your mouth. There's a great donut place where my folks live in Louisiana, ran by some Asian folks. Seems a lot of the small town shops are ran by Asian folks now. Like @THAT Gurl , I prefer small shops to places like Hurts, Dunkin, etc.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like chocolate glazed long johns, filled with Bavarian cream, but my favorite are the plain glazed that just melt in your mouth. There's a great donut place where my folks live in Louisiana, ran by some Asian folks. Seems a lot of the small town shops are ran by Asian folks now. Like @THAT Gurl , I prefer small shops to places like Hurts, Dunkin, etc.

I prefer the small shops too. Probably because your big chain stores are regulated on their ingredients (all Dunkins or Krispy Kremes taste the same) while your small town shops slip a little coke, heroin or meth into theirs.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we lived in west Shreveport, we had a great Asian-owned donut shop near the house….. and like @GED and @ThatGurl, my favorite was the apple fritters (aka bear claws), just flat out awesome!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom