Would you like a donut with that cup of Joe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a donut place close enough to me to get them on a regular basis, but there's now 3 donut places in Elk City (not counting grocery stores, WM and coffee shops). The oldest one has great apple fritters and the thin, large diameter cinammon rolls that I like. The next oldest has good filled donuts and bear claws. I haven't tried the newest one yet.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shipley's was pretty good the last time I had them. Unlike literally everything else in Brownwood, Texas, Shipley's was actually open on Christmas morning. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have run into Shipley's so my Christmas dinner that year wouldn't have entirely come out of a vending machine...

Shipleys in Norman and OKC, I've never been there

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In regards to @red dirt shootist, I thought we might need a donut thread to go along with our cup of coffee.

What's your fave? Do you prefer the big boys like Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme? Or are you more of a Hostess or Little Debbie's fan? Do you like plain ol' glazed? Or is chocolate or maple more your style?

Personally, I've never met a donut I didn't like. In fact, the absolute worst donut I ever had was excellent. There's a local shop here where I work that has the best apple fritters around, big as a hubcap. Mighty tasty!

Anyway you enjoy em, I think they're boom-diggety!

View attachment 399546
Round energy bars

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In regards to @red dirt shootist, I thought we might need a donut thread to go along with our cup of coffee.

What's your fave? Do you prefer the big boys like Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme? Or are you more of a Hostess or Little Debbie's fan? Do you like plain ol' glazed? Or is chocolate or maple more your style?

Personally, I've never met a donut I didn't like. In fact, the absolute worst donut I ever had was excellent. There's a local shop here where I work that has the best apple fritters around, big as a hubcap. Mighty tasty!

Anyway you enjoy em, I think they're boom-diggety!

View attachment 399546
I’m an Apple fritter or maple old fashion guy, little donut shop in El Reno has great fritters, and yukon has a great fritter on Cornwell.
I pretty much limit myself to once every other month.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an Apple fritter or maple old fashion guy, little donut shop in El Reno has great fritters, and yukon has a great fritter on Cornwell.
I pretty much limit myself to once every other month.

I wish I could. I'm at once every other week, so at least I'm not a complete addict. :rolleyes2

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just glad this isn't a post about QT's breakfast pizzas. :bolt:
CaY2a6dWIAEPWJU.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom