Xbox reverses features for new console

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
abload.de_img_1805oj1u.png

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect presale numbers had a lot to do with it.

I have an Xbox 360 and love it, but had no intention whatsoever of reserving this. I'll reconsider it. It's awful spendy, though.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll hold on to the 360 until a majority of my regular buds make the switch. No sense fixing what ain't broke-ish

Same here. As soon as I heard the requirements of this new system I was out on it & planning on a PS4 instead. I used to be a Sony guy for years & when I went Xbox it wasn't until the 360 came out. And I only went that route b/c an Arcade version of the 360 was alot cheaper than a PS3. Heck I still have my original working PS2 I play sometimes, LOL. I was not about to buy a system with mandatory online requirements. I don't have internet at home & will not pick up another monthly bill just for a game system. These changes will boost their sales like crazy now. All the people who were turned off by it will be back in line waiting for it. I'll still hold out till it a proven system & the price drops.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had lost me over the stupidity. Now I'll look at getting it whenever halo comes out next year. But if they go back to the idiot way of thinking then I'm out. I'm pretty certain the PS4 is gonna spank its butt come sales time anyway after all this.

ya, Sony destroyed them this time around. They won the Blu-ray hedge bet a few years back and they won this battle as well. It sucks we'll have to pay for a subscription, but if it improves the server issues and the whole hacking problem, it may be worth it. I already pre-ordered mine with COD:Ghost.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had lost me over the stupidity. Now I'll look at getting it whenever halo comes out next year. But if they go back to the idiot way of thinking then I'm out. I'm pretty certain the PS4 is gonna spank its butt come sales time anyway after all this.

ya, Sony destroyed them this time around. They won the Blu-ray hedge bet a few years back and they won this battle as well. It sucks we'll have to pay for a subscription, but if it improves the server issues and the whole hacking problem, it may be worth it. I already pre-ordered mine with COD:Ghost.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91399206@N04/9093267776/http://www.flickr.com/people/91399206@N04/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91399206@N04/9093256086/http://www.flickr.com/people/91399206@N04/

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought for sure they would ride this train to their doom.

I think it was the soldiers who bucked up against them online. Having a system that is "not soldier friendly" is a hard thing to sell when a large portion of your games are first-person war-style shooters.

I would think they would learn from Sony in the whole DRM disaster - there have been very few instances where DRM was successful and actually prevented piracy while not pissing off a significant portion of your users and costing companies much more money than they lost on pirated media. Then again, the Wii just flat-out didn't care about DRM for quite a while and proceeded to make both other consoles their prison-B!#@$ for a bit.

Seems like the best approach is to just put it out there with a minimal amount of DRM and place your trust in your loyal customers (and listen to them). Let the pirates do their thing, but when you convert some of those pirates into loyal paying customers with actual good quality products/service, you tend to fix that problem on a more permanent basis.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess Microsoft realized the PS4 was going to destroy them this Xmas season. Glad they'll keep the status quo the current platform has.
FTFY. Bill Gates hasn't been involved in the day-to-day affairs of Microsoft in almost five years; running the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is his full-time job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom