Your level of training and experience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have firearms training?

• I have only military or LEO training

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • I have sought and bought training on my own as a civilian

Votes: 45 23.6%
  • I have military/LEO training and sought further training on my own

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • I have no formal training. Competition does not count.

Votes: 55 28.8%

• Total voters

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I GOT..
A HUNTIN LICENSE :)
CLEET PHASE I,II, & IV (firearms was the fun one)
CCL
CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL RESCUER
COLLEGE ID. LOL

I AM TAKING THE "COPS" PROGRAM SOON WHILE IN SKOOL AND WISH TO ATTEND MAGPUL DYNAMICS AND Xe courses (blackwater)

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad when I was a kid.
Some training in the Navy (about 20 years ago). Basic stuff in boot camp then some intermediate/security team/etc... training. Nothing advanced.
CCL
Lots and lots of practice.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Military and have sought training on my own.

The military training (as a medical officer) was very basic. My initial training with firearms was in the Boy Scouts. I have taken the advanced concealed carry class at USSA and it was very good. I intend to take the tactical pistol and rifle courses as well, but just have not found the time to do it.

I shoot as many local competitions as I can. I don't necessarily consider that training, but more of a way to evaluate my training and practice what I have trained.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0311 for 9 years, Primary Marksmanship Instructor in the Marine Corps, Jeff Coopers Gunsite course in 88, shot on the Marine Corps Rifle Team and went Distinguished in 98, two silver medals with pistol, since I retired I have taken 3 TDSA classes and one with Phil Strader. On a side note I watched Gun on Netflix the other night and picked up a few tips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom