Spraying the yard for fleas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on what to use to treat my yard for fleas? I called the pest control company that I use for the house but they want like $150 to come spray the yard. I dont really have the extra cash for that right now so Im looking for a cheaper solution for the time being.

Thanks

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The UV rays aren't enough?

Sevin Dust? Sevin-10 Dust? Or whatever they're calling it.

My mom used to put this stuff in an old jar, pop holes in the lid with a nail and spread it around the yard. I can't remember if it worked or not because that was a while ago and I had better concerns, but I remember quite a few people doing this back then. Not sure if it's even available still.

Edit: If you have pets you might want to look into this a bit further. We didn't at the time but our house backed up to a field that had plenty of deer and furry rodents, so fleas were a big problem despite not owning pets.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diatomaceous Earth

ETA: This is NOT the stuff you get at the pool supply store. It's the stuff you can get at the feed store.

Yes - if you decide to use diatomaceous earth, be sure you get the kind with a very low percentage of crystalline silica. Otherwise you and your pets will be exposed to breathing hazards and the possibility of silicosis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom