UN Arms Treaty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...to the #$%@-ing UN.

Forget "Lean Forward"--try "Bend Over".

http://money.msn.com/business-news/...7&ID=15768258&topic=TOPIC_TRADE_POLICY&isub=1

Less than 24 hours after winning re-election, President Barack Obama's administration joined with China, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and more than 150 other governments, in supporting renewed debate on the proposed United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, confirming the worst fears of the American gun rights community.

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing there will not be many good deals to be had this weekend.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

Hours after the election, the UN arms treaty is apparently back on the table. From what I can tell may not affect domestically produced, but prices for foreign made guns may go up if this thing happens. Its still a long ways away, but I'm sure the dealers at wanenmachers aren't going to be discounting anything this weekend. Damn.

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just posted the same news story from Reuters. Bet there aren't going to be an smoking deals at Wanenmachers this weekend....

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For anyone who told themselves that Obama wouldn't attack 2A rights in his second term just because he didn't pursue it in his first term...well, here you go. He doesn't have re-election to worry about, so it is balls-to-the-wall time. Remember the conversation he had with the Russian president? Here's a vivid example of the latitude he was looking forward to.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For anyone who told themselves that Obama wouldn't attack 2A rights in his second term just because he didn't pursue it in his first term...well, here you go. He doesn't have re-election to worry about, so it is balls-to-the-wall time. Remember the conversation he had with the Russian president? Here's a vivid example of the latitude he was looking forward to.

EXACTLY, this next 4yrs he has nothing to fear on shoving his agenda down our throats. Worst that could happen is he gets impeached but I fear they don't have the guts to do it for various reasons.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will never get through Congress, and I am pretty sure Congress has to approve it for it to become legally binding. Mostly more fear mongering to drive up prices. Not gonna mess with the gun show this weekend, as i expect prices will get kinda stupid.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will never get through Congress, and I am pretty sure Congress has to approve it for it to become legally binding. Mostly more fear mongering to drive up prices. Not gonna mess with the gun show this weekend, as i expect prices will get kinda stupid.

Hey now, don't let things like "basic knowledge of how our government works" get in the way of a good tinfoilhat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom