Political Correctness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Political Correctness: Boon or Bane?

• Political correctness rights past wrongs.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Political correctness neuters true debate.

Votes: 126 89.4%
  • Damn JB, stop hitting the sauce.

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you believe political correctness is a legitimate attempt to right past wrongs and insensitivities? Or do you believe it is a method of stifling honest debate and emasculating American values?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it is a method of stifling honest debate and emasculating American values. Its something that those in office created to avoid talking about the real issues.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like unions, it had it's place and time... Primarily to socially curb slander, racism, ect... and keep those bigoted accountable to their words...But it seems everything is now considered racist and in poor taste

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best description I've ever heard of "political correctness" was one I heard over 20 years ago:
Political correctness is the replacing of historical biases in language with biases more supportive of the speaker's position.

That said, I couldn't vote--there are two correct answers...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not support political correctness since that term usually is used to muzzle unpopular ideas in what should be open and free debate. However, I do support treating even those you do not agree with, and perhaps strongly oppose, with decency and respect and I truly hate ad-hominem attacks vice focusing on ideas in political debate

Latest posts

Top Bottom