Political Correctness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Political Correctness: Boon or Bane?

• Political correctness rights past wrongs.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Political correctness neuters true debate.

Votes: 126 89.4%
  • Damn JB, stop hitting the sauce.

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Political correctness is just another form of censorship; that's why Ray Bradbury warned us about it before it even had a name. Or did you not realize that's the real subject of Fahrenheit 451?

Last edited:

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Political correctness is just another form of censorship; that's why Ray Bradbury warned us about it before it even had a name. Or did you not realize that's the real subject of Fahrenheit 452?

I agree. Great thought on tagging the movie. Saw it way too many years ago but it stuck with me as some I thought our freedoms would never allow. I'm not a racist, bigot or type of critical individual ,unless some douche insists on causing opinionated action to come his way. And I still don't verbalized my thoughts...because they are mine. A big issue is that folks that are determined to have criticism come their way know what they are doing, so they kinda deserve what they are asking folks to do/say. When they get what they ask for they act surprised!!?? Sad!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great thought on tagging the movie.
Actually, I meant the novel. I read it in high school in 10th grade English, but we somehow missed the actual meaning--it wasn't 'til I re-read it as an adult that I got his meaning. Of course, it wasn't difficult to understand then, because he'd laid it out in one of the appendices...

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I meant the novel. I read it in high school in 10th grade English, but we somehow missed the actual meaning--it wasn't 'til I re-read it as an adult that I got his meaning. Of course, it wasn't difficult to understand then, because he'd laid it out in one of the appendices...

Good point. I was supposed to read it in high school to...kinda did the scan and BS for the report. Sad for me.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can remember an article from the 90's, written by a college professor, that was against Political Correctness. He stated that PC would stifle debate on campus. He was right to the Nth degree!

Latest posts

Top Bottom