Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found I have the opposite problem, I tend to push down on the slide lock, thereby preventing it from locking back on the empty mag.

It is very high profile. I visited the Beretta shop online and didn't see a flatter, more low profile one. But I suspect they are out there. Had I not studied this problem very closely, I never would have realized I was the one at fault.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is very high profile. I visited the Beretta shop online and didn't see a flatter, more low profile one. But I suspect they are out there. Had I not studied this problem very closely, I never would have realized I was the one at fault.

Beretta does not make a lower profile one, and all the site's I just went through(20+), no one makes an aftermarket low profile one. So your just going to have to train your thumb not to go there.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1st time for everything - ordered a handgun from Buds using my iPhone. A Bulgarian Makarov - just now!

Edit/Update: I ordered the Bulgarian while I was at work, and felt safer using my iPhone rather than a work place computer. It was a first time - ordering a handgun over the internet using an iPhone. It sure went smoothly. The order has been upgraded to shipping status, although I don't have a tracking number yet.

When it gets here I'll run a couple of boxes of Brown Bear or Silver Bear through it before I have it Cerakoted. I have two of the commercial IJ-70 Maks (Russian) and Cerakoting them was a wise decision.

I've been carrying one Mak as a BUG - deep concealed in a Kangaroo Air Marshal 3. The side of the Mak against my body is beaded with sweat when I get home. Not one speck of rust though.

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bulgarian left DFW at 1911 PM this evening. I'm hoping to have it tomorrow in time for a shoot. I mowed the pistol range just for the occasion, but it'll be close. Gotta work Fri through the weekend, so I may not get to post pics until next week.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bulgarian is here. They must not know what a cleaning kit is in Bulgaria. It looks like it just came off of the range. Filthy, caked up with crud. It is a pretty worn pistol. The only magazine included was rusted. The spring is obviously worn out, too. Nevertheless, when I got home with it I put six magazines down range. Pics to follow...

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lee and Cody at Uncle Stew's Gun Shop in Durant, where Bud's sent the Bulgarian via UPS. A good place to do business. Good people here. I order online through Buds and always have them sent here.

i.imgur.com_C27nYma.jpg

i.imgur.com_iTFiEE0.jpg

i.imgur.com_Z06z8Qe.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First thing I did was function check and field strip it. I had mixed feelings about what I was looking at. Yes, it looks OK on the outside, but inside was no laughing matter.

i.imgur.com_4uktxv2.jpg

i.imgur.com_ePhJjlf.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom