Got to shoot a couple new guns today. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, picked up a new wheelgun from Glocker, very happy, had to take it out to the range.

First time I'd fired my Kel-Tec Sub2000. It's the .40 S&W version, takes Glock mags. It's a fun little gun. I wish the peep aperture was just slightly bigger, we were shooting at steel plates at 100 yards. Probably 6 or 8" plates? Not sure.

Here it is:

20170829_172504-L.jpg

I let The Boy have the first few shots, and we got failure to feed on about every 3rd shot for him. I'm not sure why, although I wonder if the SWC or flatnose design of the WWB .40 ammo might have contributed? I don't know, that was the only thing I could think of... here is what the jammed rounds looked like:

20170829_191519-XL.jpg

You can see there is a gouge that is pretty significant where it got jammed in the feed mouth. Like I said, this happened about every 3 rounds with my son.

20170829_172559-XL.jpg

He had a ball, though. Once I got to shoot, as well as my neighbor, misfeeds were less prominent, but they still happened. I wondered if maybe he wasn't holding it pulled in tight enough, but it still happened with the big guys. Oh, and I think his form is pretty good there, anyways. :clap3:

So, what else did we shoot? Well, I put some .357 through my little Taurus snubbie. This was painful. That thing really hurts shooting full-power loads. But the .38 Special I picked up was MUCH more comfortable and much more accurate for me at about 15-20 yards. In the pic above you can see the metal knockdown plates we were shooting at. I'm really pleased with the new setup at our range, they've done a helluva job with it, for sure.:bighug:

In addition, I picked up a new beast yesterday to go along with the snub:

20170829_165538-XL.jpg

I met up with @Glocker (hey dude! :thumbup3:) and picked up this S&W 629 Classic stainless in .44 magnum. Holy SMOKES, this is a nice gun to shoot! Very accurate, much more comfortable than that little .357, even with full power magnum loads. That thing is a hoot! I love it!

Then it was time to come home and celebrate the new acquisition with this:

20170829_155050-XL.jpg

Just a little dry-aged Prime ribeye, cut to a FULL 2", cooked sous vide at 129F for about 2 hours or so, then seared with my Searzall. In the sous vide bath, some fine salt, fresh-cracked black pepper, onion powder and a generous lathering of chopped garlic. In retrospect, I would have gone SLIGHTLY lighter on the salt, is all. I was VERY generous, as sous vide tends to dilute out some flavors, so I've found I need to be more aggressive with the seasoning to achieve the desired result. So these steaks were prety damn salt-and-onion-and-garlic-crusted when I bagged them up. But the result...

20170829_195922-XL.jpg

Like I said... it was literally just a TINY bit too salty, really just the first few bites. After that, I just enjoyed the awesomeness. It was incredible. Absolutely LOVED it! Then sat out in the cool night air on the back porch with the neighbor for a couple hours, shooting the sh|t and enjoying some Jim Beam Devil's Cut.

So that was yesterday's adventure for me - tonight it's back to work, but yesterday was a good day, to be sure.

:mosh::mosh::mosh:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Failure to feed, and no "failure to feed" all in the same post, nice! :) Can you drill out your peep some?

I hadn't thought about that, but it should be pretty easy. Good idea. I was planning on looking into some mods for the gun. Wondering about polishing the feed ramp a little to help with feeding issues. I don't know, I need to do a lot of research before I start janking with the thing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez, I wanna get adopted by you ...:blush:

And I cannot believe how big that boy has gotten!! My God, is he taller than you yet??

Haha, no, not yet, but he's closing in on mom! He's still one of the smaller in his class, we just keep reassuring him both of his grandfathers were over 6 feet tall - his dad... well... not so much. lol

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha, no, not yet, but he's closing in on mom! He's still one of the smaller in his class, we just keep reassuring him both of his grandfathers were over 6 feet tall - his dad... well... not so much. lol

Tell him just hang on ... all three of my boys are right at or over 6 feet. I'm 5"4', No. 1's dad was 5'10" and Nos. 2 and 3's dad was 5'9" ... they all three took off like shots at 15-16 ... damned near ate me out of house and home, too. I worked 3 jobs because I my grocery bill was UNGODLY ... lol

It wasn't unusual for any one of them to empty a box of cereal in a mixing bowl, chop up 3 or 4 bananas into it then dump in a half box of raisins for good measure ... and then pour a half gallon of milk over it ... and THEN 20 minutes later be ready to eat dinner. I wouldn't have believed a human could eat like that and be so skinny if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes ... sheesh ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom