Weird Traffic Stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its illegal all speeds cant go up or down more than 10mph at one time it has to be stepped down and has to be so far apart (can't remember the footage off top of head) with the exception of a school zone and i think it is a 20mph drop not sure on that would have to go back to my manual for that one since i dont use it very often most of my school zones drop 10 mph.

I don't know what the law says, but I have to go through two bridge construction zones to the Farm. They start the reduction in speed two miles away which is stupid.
70 to 65, then to 55, then to 45, and finally 35. Don't know if that's how the law works, but its stupid, and only a trap.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just a reminder, if you come into contact with a LEO during the course of traffic stop, detainment, or arrest you must tell officer if you have your gun and license at the first opportunity. This is not a suggestion but OK law.

If or when I ever get pulled over, & of course I am carrying, I have my wallet out of my pocket before the officer gets to my window. I say nothing, except to respond to their ?s, when asked for licence & insurance, I pull both licences out of my wallet, which at that point in my lap, CC licence right side by side of drivers licence. If they ask, & usually do, I will tell them the gun is "blah blah" location.
I Am not going to blurt out "I have a gun!" to a cop at a traffic stop. That is just not too smart. Let them find out in the more quiet manner.
I have never had an issue with this method.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The MWC cop that pulled me over had no reaction when I told them I had my gun. He asked for my DL and I handed it, my CCL and mil id over (out of state DL and OK tags/ CCL raise questions) and said "Here, and also this. I'm carrying in my back pocket." he said thanks for the heads up and pressed on as normal.
I'm a fan of calmly telling them what they need to know to feel safe, so they don't have to wonder or worry. I figure, I probably screwed up somehow (expired tag this time, whoops!), so if I put them at ease then they're more likely to use that 'officer discretion' that can save me money and time.

CoyoteStalker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been stopped twice while carrying, and both times I left without getting an actual ticket. First time was in TX by highway patrol, and he seemed to ask a lot of questions. I think he was just curious why I would have a carry license. He gave me a warning for driving in the left lane that was just a print out. That was a little weird. The second time was a few days ago. I had just leveled my truck, so my lights were pointed too high. He pulled me over, because he thought I had my brights on. I had just left the place I had been shooting pool all night (I don't drink anymore), so I think he was expecting DUI. This deputy was completely cool about me carrying, and he even thanked me for exercising my rights. I was a little blown away by his reaction, and he just wrote me a failure to dim warning so I wouldn't have to prove I got the lights fixed later. I was really worried about getting a ticket at that stop, since I am already paying extra on insurance for my daughter's wreck. I fixed my lights the next morning.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been stopped twice while carrying, and both times I left without getting an actual ticket. First time was in TX by highway patrol, and he seemed to ask a lot of questions. I think he was just curious why I would have a carry license. He gave me a warning for driving in the left lane that was just a print out. That was a little weird. The second time was a few days ago. I had just leveled my truck, so my lights were pointed too high. He pulled me over, because he thought I had my brights on. I had just left the place I had been shooting pool all night (I don't drink anymore), so I think he was expecting DUI. This deputy was completely cool about me carrying, and he even thanked me for exercising my rights. I was a little blown away by his reaction, and he just wrote me a failure to dim warning so I wouldn't have to prove I got the lights fixed later. I was really worried about getting a ticket at that stop, since I am already paying extra on insurance for my daughter's wreck. I fixed my lights the next morning.

If that is you in your avatar, that explains the warnings. Lol

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple, roll down window 1", hand gun license on top of dl....roll window back up....enough with the chit-chat....
and "L" is a consanant, so its "a LEO"..not "an LEO...ha
Have a Great Sunday....

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got pulled over in Tecumseh about a year ago and when the cop came to my window I had my hands on the wheel with both my license and and handgun license ready. I told him that I have a handgun license and that I was armed. He said thanks for letting him know and to just leave it where it was which was my hip. He was a nice guy but I did get a ticket for rolling through the stop sign which I have a bad habit of doing. I also was pulled over by a trooper a few months ago and did the same. He basically said the same thing. Luckily I only received a warning on that one. Neither one was a bad situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom