I lost my job to a YouTube prank channel called okcpranks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I just lost my job yesterday for a prank that someone pulled at my job 2 days ago.

TLDR: Someone was threatening my wife, me, and themselves with gasoline. Turned out to be prank but since my co workers found out I carry my job is toast.

Ive worked at this place for 3 years. I’ve been putting in a lot of overtime so my wife and I can have a nice Christmas. Wasn’t even on the schedule that day. She was working with me that night too. She was at the register, I was working the floor. I was pushing a cart towards the back room and I heard someone being loud saying “life been hard blah blah blah”

I turned around and my wife was fast walking towards me while a man with a gas can was following behind her. I figured he was asking money for gas and she darted around me and said “this man is trying to do something”. He started talking about how he’s tired of life and finna do something bad. I immediately noticed the lighter in his hand, quit listening, started walking the same direction my wife did to try to create some distance. He kept following me to the end of the aisle, my wife went one direction and I kept moving forward. I got into the next aisle and when he didn’t stop following I figured he was about to try to take me with him and I began reaching. As soon as he saw what I was doing he started yelling “it’s just water it’s a prank” I told him I almost shot him and he started apologizing. My wife started screaming at him and we started yelling at him to just ****ing leave. He apologized all the way to the door and tried plugging his YouTube channel and I don’t even remember the name. This all happened in about 40 seconds.

What I didn’t see was him walk up to her and open the container and pour it on his head.

Police came, got a description, and left. They told me if I would’ve shot him I would have been charged. I told them I felt like my wife and I were just chased around with a gas can and lighter and that I would rather be in jail than on fire and they said “well that’s fair” I went home and made a post on Reddit about it in the CCW subreddit and it blew up. Someone found his YouTube channel name which is okcpranks. (Please go report him and get his channel demonetized) From there we found all his social media, his name, his girlfriends name, his moms name, his dads name, his phone number, and even his email. It’s all be turned over to the police and I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow.

Ultimately I’m glad it was just a prank, I’m glad I didn’t have to shoot anyone, I’m glad nobody was set on fire and I’m thanking God my wife is safe.

But what really sucks is I’m now jobless for Christmas. I don’t have money for gifts for my family, and the only jobs to call me back are a huge pay cut. I’m not asking for charity but if someone could please help me find a good paying job I will gladly do whatever I need to do. I’m comfortable working any time of day, any day of the week. I never call in unless I’m too sick or injured to get out of bed. I’m use to working long hours and I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Just reaching out for any help and advice. Y’all stay safe and have a Merry Christmas.
What is your back ground skills? Also what company fired you for carrying. That is not grounds for dismissal. You were not at work at the time of the incident so I do not see how they made that leap legally. Having said that , I have never played a lawyer on TV so you may want to find a good lawyer and go after this company.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your back ground skills? Also what company fired you for carrying. That is not grounds for dismissal. You were not at work at the time of the incident so I do not see how they made that leap legally. Having said that , I have never played a lawyer on TV so you may want to find a good lawyer and go after this company.
Pretty sure he WAS at work when this happened. I was working the floor. I was pushing a cart towards the back room

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy with the gas can? Give him a lighter with regards from Chuck Darwin.

If at work AND your employer does not allow their employees to carry? You violated policy.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are elements to this story that seem a little off…..

Which ones? I was a bit skeptical myself, until the YT vid was posted.

Unfortunately the OP violated company policy by carrying at work. Should be allowed, but that really isn't something he would win in a suit. He should sue the YT ******* though.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve mostly done labor and retail. I was a closing manager at my store/pharmacy for 3 years. Got experience with inventory management, delegating, training, record keeping, pharmacy, loss prevention. I have past experience in moving (residential and commercial), cooking, and lab experience.

I’m really interested in anything I can work my way up at. I planned on staying there until they gave me my own store, I was in the process of being accepted as an emerging store manager, which is about 6 months of running a store before they put you in charge of it.
Ups is always hiring and pays pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom